1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
Summary of motel life (chapter1-3) (Essay Sample)
This is a summary of \\\\\\\"motel life, chapter 1-3, and the pics of them has attached, please finish it In time.thx source..
Summary of motel life
The story begins in a motel whereby Frank is in a drunken stupor and his brother Jerry Lee comes into his room crying. At this moment, Frank tries to recollect the events of the previous night, all he sees is some light and he remembers some birds and ducks that were outside the house the other night. Jerry Lee appears to have low self esteem because he does not have one leg and considers himself crippled (Vlautin, 2007) the story is set in winter as there is mentioning of snow. Jerry Lee is also drunk, and Frank has a serious stomach problem which is later on mentioned to be ulcer.
Motel life follows the story of the two poor brothers and their tribulations whereby their father abandons the family at a young age while the mother dies when they are teenagers. Their economic situation and they engage in endless drinking, Jerry Lee tells his brother that he thinks he accidentally hit a boy while driving, and so they decide to flee from Reno. Consequently, they leave the boy’s body near a hospital as they head towards Montana, with a bottle of digestive upset drug Pepto-Bismols, beer, doughnuts and little possessions (Vlautin, 2007).
The events following their misadventure are full of twists and turns, from the usual dosage of heavy drinking, gambling and prostitution. Nevertheless, both Jerry and Frank decide to come back to Reno after failing to start a new life outside their home town. Frank the narrator tries s to make Jerry Lee to sleep better...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to drunk driving:
- What do you expect will be the character of the 21st century? War-prone.Description: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages History Format Style English (U.S.) Term Paper. What do you expect will be the character of the 21st century? War-prone....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | Chicago | History | Term Paper |
- L.A. Metro Transit SystemDescription: Essay: L.A. Metro Transit System...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Personal StatementDescription: Admission Services: Personal Statement...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Personal Statement |