1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
SUMMARY OF “HYBRID ACADEMIC DISCOURSES: WHAT, WHY, AND HOW”: BY PATRICIA BIZZEL (1948) (Essay Sample)
The article will be attached and the summary is supposed to answer all the questions below, and the format MUST follow below 1.what is the most interesting or important connection that comes to mind? Answer and explanation :.......(at least THREE paragraphs) 2.what connections can u make to ur own life? Answer and explanation:.....(at least THREE paragraphs) 3.why the author write this and what can u learn from this? Answer and explanation......(at least THREE paragraphs) 4: "my mother's "limited " English limited my perception of her, I was shamed of her English , I believed that her English reflected the quality of what she had to say" , what can u understand from this statement?(at least THREE paragraphs) PS : NO title needed source..
SUMMARY OF “HYBRID ACADEMIC DISCOURSES: WHAT, WHY, AND HOW”: BY PATRICIA BIZZEL (1948)
In her career as an English professor, BIZZEL (1948) shows how the language capabilities of students are linked in traditional academic discourse with the hybrid discourse. The author argues that though students coming from low backgrounds may be seen as academically disadvantaged, the fact that they have managed to reach college means that they are competent enough.
Though traditional academic discourse may be seen an outdated aspect, she observes that it is still significant in the learning discourse. Traditional academic discourse involved the school community which in this case includes professors, students, teaching assistants and even the subordinate staff. These community members are very much significant in influencing the language discourse in the college.
Relating this aspect to my own experience, I could describe my own academic career as being unorthodox at first. As ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Biblical ParentingDescription: Literature and Language: Biblical Parenting Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Assessing Strategic Management of ProjectsDescription: Assessing Strategic Management of Projects Essay...4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Assess the Usefulness of Trend DataDescription: Assess the Usefulness of Trend Data (Essay)...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |