Same-Sex Marriage Should be Legal Research Assignment (Essay Sample)
i will need a detailed outline for the paper on Friday 11/5/2016 by 8am. chose from the following topics.
1. Should capital punishment be abolished?
2. Is animal testing fair?
3. Are teen beauty pageants justified?
4. Is the ban on smoking in public places undemocratic?
5. Should euthanasia be legalized?
6. Is the taboo on recreational drugs justified?
7. Is it right for governments to ban the burkha or other religious gear?
8. Should same-sex marriages be legalized?
9. Can restorative justice work?
10. Should there be tougher punishments for crimes against the environment?
11. Discuss the pros and cons of gun control legislation.
12. Are social networking platforms being abused?
13. Should reality television be banned?
14. Do celebrities make a mockery of the right to privacy?
15. Should the legal drinking age be brought down to 18?
16. Should sex education classes be conducted for preteens?
17. Should mobile phones be banned in schools?
18. Can we form an international judicial system to conduct trials on terrorists?
19. Should DUI offenders undergo more stringent punishments?
20. Pro-choice versus Pro-life.
21. Does our legal system exploit the minorities?
22. Are open borders possible in the foreseeable future?
23. Would the world be more peaceful without religions?
24. Are technological advancements stunting average human faculties?
25. Should the education system be uniform, the world over?
Same-sex Marriage Should be Legal
Literature and Language
Same-sex Marriage Should be Legal
Same-sex marriage pertains to the two women or two men getting married. Even if the law, custom, and religion has regulated same-sex marriage in some countries, the world responded in different ways. There is a part of society which celebrate same-sex marriage, while others see same-sex marriage as a crime. The complex argument refers to legalizing same-sex marriage.
Same-sex marriage should be legalized because the civil rights constitution gives a lot of liberty and pursuing happiness should be one of them, which the LGBT communities are not given the freedom to chase. There is a crippling notion to think that a person, regardless of their gender, cannot be married to the one they love. The states in the USA where same-sex marriage and civil partnerships become banned are Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Dakota and Arkansas. (AllieJo2619, 2016). Other people might wonder why same-sex marriage should become legal, but the concern leads to why people can have a say in who can get married to who? People do not seem to mind seeing heterosexual couples together. The kind of notion does not show fairness and only attempts to ostracize the LGBT community from having the right to marry. Same-sex unions have been recognized by the Roman Catholic Church during the medieval times in Europe, but some have denied this claim (Encyclopedia Britannica, 2016). The public and even the scholars started to gain interest on the topic in the 20th century, which happens when homosexuality and laws are liberalized. The incident specifically occurred in the United States and Western Europe. Furthermore, legalizing same-sex marriage only came after 11 years in Massachusetts and the Supreme Court reigned over the Constitution making the law legal for the whole country. The 5-4 decision partly rests on the courtâ€™s interpretation of the 14th amendment, and says limiting marriage to heterosexual couples becomes a violation of the amendment.
Same-sex marriage does not affect the heterosexual communities in any way (Waqar, 2015). Another concern is placed in order for same-sex marriage to become legal. Members of the LGBT community will be given the right on what they are denied of.
Marriage should not be limited a man and woman only because of the legal benefits. When two people are married to each other, they can easily access relationship entitlements, responsibilities and protections. Same-sex marriage actually contrasts couples who have to live much longer f...
- Marketing Unhealthy food to ChildrenDescription: Undergraduate writing level 4 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Marketing Unhealthy food to Children...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Polyphenism: Environmental Effect, Phenotypes & GenotypesDescription: What are examples of environmental factors driving natural selection and adaptation? In what ways is polyphenism beneficial to the animal?...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- 5 Comments on Students PostDescription: Johns major focus lays on the requirements of the practicum. He has identified that a current place of work is eligible for completion of a practicum...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |