Public Policy. Case History of Gun Control Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
Using the Internet, do some basic research on one of the cases from our lesson and write a paper about it.
In your paper, be sure to;
A) Have an introductory paragraph
B) Have a concluding paragraph
C) Between those, have a body of multiple paragraphs that address;
- What was the background of the case (history)
-What was the cause of it (the incident that triggered it)
-What were both sides arguing?
-What does it seem like public perception/opinion was at the time?
-What was the outcome of the case, and the resulting impact socially?
-What is your opinion on the case based on this?
3-4 pages, using APA-style in-text citation (reference name, year, and page # or homepage URL)
“Public policy” case history
Case history of gun control
Violence has become the lead story of evening news in the United States. Acts of violence where individuals lose their lives and the rest of the population are left rearing and haunted by the event have become many in the country. Gun violence in the U.S. results in the numerous deaths and injuries of the population. A survey by the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention established that in every one hundred thousand people, 23.2 persons suffered injuries caused by firearms, while 10.6 people in every one hundred thousand died (Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018, Jan 8). The effects of gun violence go beyond the casualties by shaping the lives of people who witness such cases, leading them to live in fear. Laws and policies to regulate the making, sale, transfer and use of firearms by citizens have been in existence since 1934. Nevertheless, the issue has been the most conflict-ridden issue in American. However, with the occurrence of more mass shootings such as the Florida school shooting, the need for implementation of stricter gun regulations becomes louder for the safety of all citizens.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Gun violence Essays
- Divorce Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gun control:
- Should All Terminally Ill Have The Right For A Peaceful Death?Description: I read an article about people who decide to die after getting known that they are terminally ill. It was always hard to me to understand why people take decision to die even if they are young. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- The United States Libertarian PartyDescription: This is the Political Science major's research paper. Follow the instruction, write a research paper about Libertarian Party. if writer needs any information in the BOOK-1...12 pages/≈3300 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- Evaluation Argument on the Affordable Care ActDescription: The ACA has been highly successful in reducing the uninsured persons in the U.S., increasing access to medical care, increasing the affordability of medical access, and is the best health care law the U.S. has ever had....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |