Importance of Modes of Transfer in Learning Education Essay (Essay Sample)
there are 3 questions to write an essay on I am picking question 2. essay is 1500 words.
ARTS 1110 Essay (W2020)n2. According to O'Brien-Moran and Crook (2018), there are three modes that enable students to transfer information from short-term to long term-memory: rote learning, elaborative rehearsal, and recoding (p.8). With reference to at least two of the active learning techniques that are presented in chapter 3 of your textbook, argue for the importance of making use of the three modes of transfer when studying.
3. Metacognition is a concept that O'Brien-Moran and Crook (2018) describe as key to effective learning. However, many students tend to memorize the definition of metacognition rather than putting it to use. With reference to at least two of the active learning techniques that are presented in chapter 3 of your textbook, argue for the most effective way of using metacognition to improve your learning at university.
Stage One:1) Review chapters 1-3 in the textbook and write a 500-word argumentative essay that answers one of the questions listed below. Be sure to cite the textbook or the lecture slides in your essay.
2) Find a research article that you will use for your 1500-word paper (see example on p.2).
a. Include the reference in APA format on a separate page, after the reference page, titled "Reference for 1500-word paper"
b. In point form, list what information or evidence you will use from that article to support one of the claims you've included in your thesis statement.
Stage Two: After receiving feedback on your 500-word essay, write a 1500-word argumentative essay on the same topic. Be sure to use a minimum of two additional academic sources in your 1500-word essay.
1. O'Brien-Moran and Crook (2018) explain that short-term memory is limited in terms of the number of items that it can hold, which they refer to as "the rule of 7, plus or minus 2" (p. 8). With reference to at least two of the active learning techniques that are presented in chapter 3 of your textbook, argue for the importance of studying in a way that takes advantage of the rule of 7 plus or minus 2.
Unruh, Miriam (2020). Fancy paper I didn't write. Imaginary Journal. doi:12341234ul2
I am using this article to support X claim in my paper. The evidence or data or information I will use from this paper is:
• Evidence #1
• Evidence #2
Importance of Modes of Transfer in Learning
The process of learning among students involves a lot of information from multiple sources in such a way that the whole process may become cumbersome or overwhelming. Truth be said, learning is a complex process, and students should not just be contented with attending classes, paying attention to their teachers, and scribbling some notes in their notebooks waiting for exams and tests. While this may be true to some individuals who are said to be fast learners, it is important to integrate the same with active learning techniques and modes of learning to transfer the very information they learn from their short term memory to long term memory. According to O’Brien-Moran and Crook, a combination of active learning techniques with the three modes of information transfer that include rote learning, elaborative rehearsal, and recording can transform a C-class student into an A-class studentCITATION Mic181 \t \l 1033 (O'Brien-Moran & Crook, 2018). This is because, as students advance to higher education levels, the learning process takes a paradigm shift from depending on the teacher and attending classes to becoming self-reliant. Conversely, students ought to recognize their learning abilities as much as their cognitive abilities and be able to harness the same into becoming great students who are not only able to pass exams but also apply what they learn into solving real-world problems. With reference to at least two of the active learning techniques, this essay argues for the importance of making use of the three modes of transfer when studying.
- Formal analysis of an art work: Capital from Spanish Umayyad PalaceDescription: The Capital, from Spanish Umayyad palace, Inv. No. LNS 2 S, was chosen as the central artwork to be analyzed in this paper. According to the wall text of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH,) (n.d.), the artwork was carved around 362 AH or 972-73 AD from marble and was retrieved from a Spanish...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- 5-1 Final Project Milestone Two: Performance Management: Employee and Labor RelationsDescription: Traditionally, performance management has been undertaken using punitive disciplinary actions. However, nonpunitive measures have emerged in the recent past and gained significant popularity in the modern world. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Discussing lessons. View the Ted Talk on Cultural Diversity.Description: The presenter was very elaborate in demystifying the importance of cultural diversity in society.Starting from her personal experience, explains how culture shapes our identity,behaviors,as well as how diversity should offer understanding, acceptance,and provide us with an ability to accept other cultures...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |