Oceanography current event report. Oceanography Essay (Essay Sample)
write a one-page (400 word) typed report on a recent current event in the ocean sciences. Enter text of write-up (minimum 400 words) AND a link to the article.
Articles chosen must be of a relatively scholarly nature, and from a magazine or newspaper from the past month or so. Suggested resources include (but are not limited to):
* Newspapers or weekly/monthly news magazines
* NY Times Science section, Scientific American
* Online science news sites: e.g., sciencenews.org, sciencedaily.com
* Scholarly journals like Nature, Science, Nature Geoscience
Each report should include a brief summary of the article, and then your thoughts or reflections on the article. The report must be well-written (proof-read), and incorporate what we've gone over in class. Length: minimum of 400 words.
Any copied text must be marked with quotations. Quotations cannot be longer than 8 consecutive words or 20 words total.
Reports MUST be submitted on GauchoSpace AND include a web link to the article
Each week's report must be submitted by 11:55 pm every Friday. (Limit 1 per week)
If you follow the guidelines above, you will receive credit for each report. (This will show up as 1 point in the GauchoSpace grade book, but it is equivalent to half a point added to your final course grade.)
Late or incomplete reports will not get any credit.
YOU MUST WRITE YOUR OWN REPORT.
Although you may choose the same article as another student, if the words you submit are the same or very similar to someone else's neither of you will receive credit.This also means you cannot copy text from the article. Any copied text must be marked with quotations. Quotations cannot be longer than 8 consecutive words or 20 words total.
On June 7, 2018, an article was published by SD Metro where it is clearly mentioned that the ocean is ejecting viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms into the atmosphere. It happens when waves break and travel long distances. A team of oceanographers and geneticists claims that infectious microbes are likely to be added to the air if the situation persists.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Based upon Chapter 6: Ethics & Information Security Description: In 2013, before Thanksgiving, an unnamed hacker installed malware in the security and payment system of Target Corporation, one of the largest and most famous retailers in the United States. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Secret Structure of Great Talks. TED Talk, Duarte’s “The Secret Structure of Great T. . .Description: According to Nancy Duarte, the power of telling a story is communicating an idea in a way (structure) that resonates with the audience. Duarte also asks presenters to engage and focus on the audience. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Project proposal for the undergraduate mathematics practice projectDescription: The project proposal is to give the student opportunity to practice math and also to increase their understanding of mathematics concerning their real-life situations and problems. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |