Mental Health. Schizophrenia. Research and Discussion (Essay Sample)
Here you will submit your 3-4 page summary and critique of the Research Article you have selected.
class info. Psychology 2301
DO NOT submit in a .pages or anything other than .doc or .txt file. if you do this then i will be unable to grade your assignment and the grade will remain at 0 until you submit the correct file. (lose of points for late submissions apply)
- Mental Health, Disorders, and/or Treatment. Using a recent research article from the database write a paper describing a chosen disorder or treatment having to do with mental health. This can include discussions of mental health care policies, effects, and social stigma.
- Nature vs. Nurture: Using a recent article from the database discuss the Nature vs. Nurture argument as it pertains to your chosen subject (examples: Addiction, Sexual Orientation, Aggressive Behaviors, etc)
-Article from Peer Reviewed Scholarly Journal.
-NOT a Case study, Literature review, or Meta Analysis
- Paper is in .doc format
- APA format (see library guides)
Double space please
Schizophrenia is a name derived from the early observation of the disease resulting in the splitting or disconnection of psychic functions. The concept has led to the misconception that a split personality characterizes the disease. The condition has a diagnostic measure, but most people fear it due to the misinformation that the disease cannot be cured. The systematic reviews indicate that there is the relatively low incidence of the disease at (15.2/100,000)2, but the prevalence of schizophrenia is averagely high at (7.2/1000)2 since it is always at a very high early adult life (Walker & Tessner, 2008). The rate of the disease is failing in some areas while rising in other regions such as London. In the first incident of the episodes, the psychotic patient is opposed to receiving an oral atypical antipsychotic such as the olanzapine or risperidone. From the research, it has been indicated that Clozapine has the most effective diagnosis effect on the disease than the previous drugs that already exist.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to schizophrenia essays:
- Abnormal Psychology Research Summary. Literature & Language EssayDescription: Abnormal psychology, also known as psychopathology, is the study of behaviors related to mental disorders. The study covers a vast area of abnormalities, which include personality disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) as well as personality disorders. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Psychological Disorders: A Beautiful MindDescription: Paranoid schizophrenia is a psychological disorder that manifests through various symptoms as evident in the character of John Nash. When Nash joins the Princeton University, he was informed that he would be living alone....6 pages/≈1650 words | 7 Sources | APA | Psychology | Term Paper |
- Improving Mental Health in Low-Income HouseholdsDescription: the purpose of this study is to collect information about hospitals. First of all, we will target only a few hospitals and use quantitative techniques to evaluate their performance and current policies....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |