Martin Luther King Poem – Thank you Mr. Luther. Allude to Martin’s life (Essay Sample)
Write a poem.
Martin Luther King Poem Rubric
1. Allude to Martin’s life
2. Allude to Martin’s actions
3. Allude to Martin’s achievements
4. Incorporate at least one MLK quote
5. Poem must be based on the principles and goals of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. Poem must mention unity, nonviolence and equality
7. Keeping in mind the legacy of MLK what could you do to bring change into the world?
8. Creativity, originality and style must be evident
9. Use at least one simile and metaphor.
10 Also use one example of onomatopoeia and personification
11 Create at least two examples of sensory imagery using the senses of taste, touch, smell, sound or sight.
12. Experiment with a refrain.
13. Create an appropriate title
14. Mention King’s operational techniques
15. Allude to King’s role models5 points each
Martin Luther King Poem – Thank you Mr. Luther
Subject and Section
October 31, 2019
Thank You Mr. Luther
For centuries mankind has lived,
Always taking but unwilling to give.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to martin luther king:
- World History and Early Civilization. History EssayDescription: Reformation began in Germany under Martin Luther when he authored his “95 Thesis” in protest to the sale of indulges by the pope resulting in his excommunication in 1521. Later, he translated the bible into German. The German peasants revolted in 1524, inspired in part by Luther’s teachings...3 pages/≈825 words | 6 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- A Letter to the King on the Portuguese Empire. King Philip IIDescription: At the beginning of his reign King Philip II of Spain wanted to improve his understanding of his neighbor, the Kingdom of Portugal and its maritime empire. So please write a letter to his majestic the king with an analysis of the Portuguese overseas empire....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | History | Essay |
- MLK and the Drum Major Instinct.Read the speech, highlight the points.Description: Martin Luther King in “The Drum Major Instinct” cautions that nations struggle and the desire for supremacy is an obstacle to justice and social development....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |