M4D2: Narrative Essay My First Time Driving a Car (Essay Sample)
M4D2: Narrative Essay Peer Review
18 18 unread replies. 18 18 replies.
Image of students in a discussion reviewing each other's workThis discussion will be completed in Week 8.
By the end of this activity, you will provide substantive content and formatting feedback for a classmate's narrative essay.
For this assignment, you will be reading draft papers written by your classmates. Remember that you are not being asked to be an expert on your classmate's topic. You are being asked to act as an interested reader and respond to the draft as a reader.
You will want to think about the following question: How can I provide quality feedback that will help my peer when he/she is making revisions?
Then, you should complete the following steps:
1. By Monday of Week 8, submit the draft of your narrative essay as a Word file to the discussion board.
2. Select one classmate's essay, view the video located in the Excelsior College OWL at Excelsior College Online Writing Lab and complete the peer review form. (n.d.). Engaging in peer review (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. [Video File][02 min 18 sec]. Retrieved from http://owl(dot)excelsior(dot)edu/posts/view/147.The peer review form, which can also be downloaded here, contains questions for you to complete about your classmate's essay. You should complete the form and then attach it to a discussion in response to your classmate's original post.
Click the following link and then on the picture of the form to download the peer review form.
http://owl(dot)excelsior(dot)edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/03/CARES-Peer-Review-Feedback-Form.pdf (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
3. The peer review for your classmate should be completed by Thursday of Week 8 in order to give him or her time to revise before the Sunday-night deadline.
In addition to completing the peer review form in the OWL, you should respond to the following peer feedback questions in your discussion post:
1. What strategies, specific to narrative essays, stood out to you as being most effective?
2. What suggestions do you have for additional or improved narrative strategies?
Consult the Discussion Posting Guide for information about writing your discussion posts. It is recommended that you write your post in a document first. Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to make your initial post, click on "Reply." Then copy/paste the text into the message field, and click “Post Reply.”
To respond to a peer, click “Reply” beneath her or his post and continue as with an initial post.
This discussion will be graded using a rubric. Please review this rubric prior to beginning your work. View the rubric by clicking on the gear icon Gear Iconat the top right side of this page or on the Course Rubrics page within the Start Here module. All discussions combined are worth 30% of your final course grade.
My First Time Driving a Car
If there is one experience in my life that I remember vividly, it has to be my first time driving a car. One morning, when I was 17 years old, my dad took me in his 1972 Ford to Chilhowee Park. After we switched positions, he gave me instructions about how to start the car, how to avoid stalling, and how to shift from first to second gear. So there I was, ready to have my first driving experience, in a 1972 Ford. To a 17-year-old me, it was like driving a battleship.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to drunk driving:
- Book Review Writing Assignment: Wisdom of CrowdsDescription: According to Surowiecki, if four fundamental conditions are fulfilled, a group’s "collective intelligence" shall realize superior results compared to some few experts...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Book Review |
- Research Assignment Paper On Risk Assessment of AlcoholicDescription: Every time Taurus argues with his wife Julian, concerning drinking and becomes angry and defensive when Julian confronts him about too much drinking...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Business Memorandum Uber Ethical Dilemmas AssignmentDescription: Uber board member makes sexist remark during meeting on sexism" talk about Uber. go deeper than just the one statement by the board....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |