Lesson Plan and Reflection. Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages in length; refer to the "Format Requirements" page for specific format requirements.
After completing the reading assignments for Lesson 1, you will have learned a lot about lesson planning. Use the Basic Science Lesson Plan components outlined in the textbook (p. 67) ― topic/concept, objective, materials, advanced preparation, procedure, evaluation and extension ― to write a science lesson plan appropriate for use in an early childhood classroom. (You do not have to include the “Goal” component in your lesson plan.)
After creating the lesson plan, list at least two extension activities. Your extension activities should include activities that involve different multiple intelligences other than that addressed in the lesson plan activity. Do not use the same multiple intelligence for both activities. Put the name of the corresponding intelligences in parenthesis at the beginning of the activity so it is clear which of the multiple intelligences you are involving. Refer to your textbook to find the list of Gardner’s multiple intelligences.
A note about writing your objective:
Though the textbook suggests beginning your objective with, “The child should be able to…”, in the real world of teaching, your objective would have to be aligned with a state standard. Please find an appropriate state standard from your current state that your lesson plan will meet.
For example, here is a science standard for kindergarteners in Georgia (www(dot)georgiastandards(dot)org):
STANDARD SKP1 Students will describe objects in terms of the materials they are made of and their physical properties.
ELEMENT a. Compare and sort materials of different composition (common materials include clay, cloth, paper, plastic, etc.).
ELEMENT b. Use senses to classify common materials, such as buttons or swatches of cloth, according to their physical attributes (color, size, shape, weight, texture, buoyancy, flexibility)
If the concept you want to teach is that various objects feel different from one another, the standard you would be meeting would be:
SKP1 ELEMENT b. Use senses to classify common materials, such as buttons or swatches of cloth, according to their physical attributes (color, size, shape, weight, texture, buoyancy, flexibility).
A breakdown of what is expected in your assignment is below.
Concept: This is stated in complete sentence(s) and is appropriate for an early childhood classroom.
Objective/ Standard: This states a specific state standard.
Materials: Lists all materials used in the procedure.
Advanced Preparation: This includes all tasks that must be completed by the teacher before the lesson.
Procedure: ------------------see below----------------------------------------
initiating activity This is an activity, story, song etc. ... used to get the children’s attention and interest in the topic.
how to do it This section provides thorough step-by-step directions on how to complete the activity with the students.
Includes at least 3 questions you will answer to determine the success of the activity and the children’s level of interest and learning.
Extension: Includes two activities with each addressing one or more different multiple intelligences than the activity in the lesson.
Reflect on your past experiences in science classes. You can refer back to a specific grade level or teacher, as well as multiple grade levels or teachers. Answer the following questions in your reflection:
1. What were the most exciting science units you were exposed to? (At least 2)
2. Which were the most boring science units you were exposed to? (At least 2)
3. Do you remember what made a unit exciting or dull?
4. Thinking back to the interactive, engaging, and hands-on learning experiences and activities that your teachers implemented, what was it that made these experiences so engaging?
Lesson Plan and Reflection
Course Name and Number
Assignment Due Date
Lesson Plan and Reflection
Part One: Lesson Plan
The concept to be learned in the lesson is making observations using one’s senses. Among early childhood pupils, observation is a crucial step in their learning process. Observation is the first step in gathering and organizing information. In this lesson, children use their individual senses to observe various elements of objects. They are given objects such as fruits and told to identify their size, color, texture, and taste using their senses.
Pupils will use their senses to describe the color, taste, size, and texture of different objects.
SKP1 Element. Pupils use their senses to classify each of the objects based on their physical attributes.
1 One storage/display shelf
2 Three tables
3 Nine chairs
4 Open containers to store each set of objects
6 At least three natural objects
7 Six trays to hold the objects for examination
8 Three science books
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Drama/Play essay "The Boor" Literature & Language EssayDescription: The play “the Boor” by Anton Chekov is one of the top examples of dramatized realism. There are several literary devices and techniques used in the essay that further the theme of realism. For example, a dominant theme in the play is ‘flashback’ that comes into play whenever Mrs Popov...2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Synthesis paper in APA format Literature & Language EssayDescription: English is a language that has been acquired by the majority of people around the world. In modern-day society, it is rare to find an individual who is not familiar with the English language. In most countries, English is taught as a second language. This is because, on the world stage...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Reflection Paper Literature & Language Essay ResearchDescription: Ever since the inception of mankind food has always been more than mere subsistence. It has also been a way of defining one’s identity, connecting with one another, and building relationships with different people, among others. During this semester one of the things that we learned...2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |