Learning styles (Essay Sample)
Welcome to the module 1 case assignment, the theoretical assignment for the module.
As stated in the SLP assignment we try to make the case assignment a theory based assignment and the SLP the practical application based assignment. Now that you are working on the case assignment I want you to review some theories pertaining to learning and how individuals learn. If you haven’t already done so review the Learning Theories and Learning Styles information on the background page of the module.
Take the VARK Learning Style inventory to determine what your learning style is. Please save the results in a Word file and upload it in the Additional Files section of module 1 case assignment.
Now you are ready to begin the case assignment.
Please answer the two questions below:
What is your VARK learning style and how does it relate to at least two different learning theories?
As an adult learner, how will your identified VARK learning style effect your educational pursuit?
A 2 – 3 page paper addressing the two above questions using new times roman 12 pitch font, double spaced and citing at least two different sources. (Helpful Hint: The learning styles instrument you use can be one cited source.)
As with your SLP assignment start with some brainstorming then outline your paper organizing your thoughts.
Your paper should start with an introduction (tell the reader what it is you are going to write about), a body (write about what it is you said you were going to write about), and a conclusion (tell the reader what it is that you wrote about).
When complete upload this to the module 1 case assignment area in CourseNet.source..
The VARK learning style looks into how people depend on visual, auditory, reading, and Kinaestehtic senses. Even though, people typically use all their senses, they may rely too much on one sense. My learning style is reading and auditory because of preference for hearing words at lecture halls that I can remember. VARK inventory is an essential tool in integrating information and skills with the different learning styles, and hence important in understanding different learning styles (Marcy, 2001).
The cognitive learning theory focuses on the development of cognitive abilities and is applicable to my learning style. Over time, the development of cognitive abilities has reinforced the need to integrate reading ability and auditory senses through creation and evaluation of information over time. Ability to adapt to learning techniques is an integral part of the learning process applicable to the theory of learning (Mujtaba & Preziosi, 2006). On the contrary, the constructivism learning style relates to the how a person gains knowledge and constructs information (Martin & Loomis, 2006). This is mostly applicable to the reading learning style, where new information builds up o...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Shaping the Way We Teach English: Module 04, Pair and Group WorkDescription: Shaping the Way We Teach English: Module 04, Pair and Group Work Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Leadership Styles of Mike Duke Walmart CEO: MGT 301 WEEK 4 SLP ASSIGMENTDescription: Leadership Styles of Mike Duke Walmart CEO: MGT 301 WEEK 4 SLP...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Leading with technology : Leadership styles and skills in promoting employee innovationDescription: Leadership styles and skills in promoting employee innovation. Education Essay...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Education | Essay |