Case Study 1: Laptop Versus Tablet: Which One to Buy? (Essay Sample)
Case Study 1: Laptop Versus Tablet: Which One to Buy?
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
Explain the main factors that you should consider before deciding whether to buy a laptop or a tablet.
Identify the key features of a laptop and a tablet. Next, discuss three (3) important characteristics of each that might influence your decision.
Identify three (3) best-selling tablets on the market, and decide on the one that you would like to buy. Justify your response.
Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Describe how and why information systems are used today.
Demonstrate an understanding of the technology, people, and organizational components of information systems.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
Write clearly and concisely about management information systems using proper writing mechanics
Laptop Vs Tablet:
Laptop Vs Tablet:
The consumerism impasse on laptop vs tablet puzzles sometimes, leaving consumers always in a dilemma on which to choose. When it comes to deciding between the two devices on which one to be your main gadget, the purpose in which you intend to use the device for, plays a critical role in influencing your decision. Nevertheless, such decisions usually come about on a case-by-case basis with a variety of factors laid in place for considerations before deciding on which to settle on with. When it comes to choosing which tech is typically right for you, the major factors to consider before the purchase include the price, is it affordable or not?, the durability of the device, the size and portability, battery life and operating system.
Size here incorporates both the physical appearance and the internal storage capacities of the devices in question. For ultimate portability, tablets are designed using solid-state drives with less capacity, unlike laptops which use the older spinning hard drives that have greater storage capacity (Ballew, 2018). On the other hand, in order to find something that suits your lifestyle, you'll have to keep in mind that both devices range with different screen sizes, dimensions and weight which determines the portability (Ballew, 2018). The size of tablets blend in with that of a small pad of paper and weighs less than two pounds with average screen sizes less than 10-inches which make it fit in a purse (Ballew, 2018). Laptops, on the other hand, are larger and heavier which makes them less portable due to the inbuilt superstructures.
In regard to battery life, the hardware components in a tablet consume less power thus increasing efficiency. Most current tablets can run 10 or more hours on web usage before necessitating a charge (Muir, 2017). In comparison features like dual-battery and multiple energy found in laptops offer many hours of battery life but do not last as long as tablets though latest laptop designs can manage roughly eight hours of battery life making them close to tablets.
On the aspect of operating system, the latest emerging tablets come with the design which enables them to run essentially full pledged PC operating system found in laptops, unlike earlier tablets which relied exclusively on the mobile operating system (M
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Speech outline. Global Warming. Literature & Language EssayDescription: Purpose of the Speech To help people understand how global warming is impacting their lives and can cause problems for their future generations. Thesis Statement...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Creating writing. I will never forget last year’s holidays. Description: I will never forget last year’s holidays. Being a family-oriented person, I cannot imagine spending even a single day without my family. Last year, in 2017, we got a chance to go to Canada. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Creative writing. My daily routine describes my character and personality traits.Description: My daily routine describes my character and personality traits. I’d like to inform my teacher that I am a morning person and usually wake up somewhere between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |