JPMorgan Chase & Co. Analysis Assignment Paper (Essay Sample)
Money and Banking Final Project
Bank Research Using the FDIC-UBPR System
During our term together you have had the opportunity to learn a few things about the bank you selected for the final project and video presentation. The following information will need to be research using the UBPR system.
1. Make sure to read the Motley Fool (MF) article posted to the Announcement section of World Class. (one of the first posted during the term)
2. Find the FDIC Certificate number for your bank.
3. Provide two paragraphs explaining the history of your bank.
4. How many domestic locations does your bank have?
5. Who is your bank regulated by and when was it established?
6. What are your bank's total footings (total assets, total deposits, and bank equity capital)?
7. Use the UBPR to find out the three items noted in the MF article
a. How efficient is your bank?
b. Deposit quality and costs?
c. Underwriting quality?
8. Generate the Performance and Condition Ratio report (GPCR) for your bank and provide the following ratios as of March 31, 2017. Please provide one sentence for each ratio explaining why it is so important when analyzing your bank.
a. Return on Assets
b. Return on Equity
c. Equity Capital to Assets
d. Tier 1 risk-based capital ratio
e. Loss allowance to noncurrent loans and leases
f. Average equity
g. Average loans
h. Provide a general trend analysis for the seven ratios used above for 2017 compared to 2016 as listed in the GPCR report.
9. Provide one other interesting page and fact about your bank found while using the UBPR system.
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a leading banking institution with an international presence. Headquartered in the city of New York, JP Morgan is also an international holding company offering, with the FDIC Certificate number, 628. It is rated as a commercial and is supervised by the OCC. This is relative to the fact that, it is classified under the bank holding company. It means that the company owns and or controls more than one bank in the united states and has the controlling interest of one or more of the banks in question (Muchiri, 2017).
The company has had a long history and throughout the time that it has been in existence, it has acquired other institutions along the way. As such, the JPMorgan Chase & Co, is an institution that is formed of a foundation of more than 1200 predecessor institutions. These have come together over the years to form the company that is JPMorgan Chase & Co. This is a company that can trace back its roots to the year, 1799 in the city of New York (JPMorgan Chase & Co., 2017). Some of the heritage firms that form the JPMorgan Chase & Co. include; Manhattan Bank, Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co., Bank One, Cazenove Group, Robert Fleming Holdings, The Bear Streams Companies, National Bank of Detroit, The First National Bank of Chicago and the Chemical Bank. These are all institutions that have shaped the US economic market through financial innovations. Selling the country across the globe as an economic powerhouse (JPMorgan Chase & Co., 2017).
‘JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, here's where we stand today: We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion. We operate in more than 60 countries. We have over 240,000 employees. We serve millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. Our stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.' (ANNUAL REPORT 2016 JPMorgan Chase & Co., 2017)
The company has risen over 200 years and has become one of the leading financial institutions in the united states. over the years the company has been able to achieve more than $ 2.6 trillion in assets. This is not a status the company has achieved within the united states alone. It has operations in more than 60 countries across the globe, which explains how it is able to employ a massive staff base of an estimated 240, 000 and still growing (ANNUAL REPORT 2016 JPMorgan Chase & Co., 2017).
Given the time the company has been operational, it has inroads in quite a number of states within the United States of America (JPMorgan Chase & Co., 2017). For those living in the united states, it is possible to access the company offices from a number of locations among them. Albany, Atlanta, Austin, Baton Rouge, Denver, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, phoenix, Northbrook, Rochester, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Oakbrook Terrace, Oklahoma City, Orange county, St. Louis, Wilmington, Tampa, Newark, Detroit, Houston Jersey City, New York, Brooklyn, Columbus and even Dallas.
The bank was officially established in the year 2000 after the merger of the chase Manhattan corporation and the JP Morgan & Co. It is currently monitored and supervised under the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, which is under the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Given the mag...
- Nursing Leadership SMART GoalDescription: Nursing Leadership SMART Goal Literature and Language Essay...4 pages/≈1100 words| 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- McWhirter's: Presenting Highlights of Chapter 12 and 13Description: Definitions of preventions have been varying over time and across disciplines. Prevention refers to stop something prior it occurs...6 pages/≈1650 words| 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Academic Writing Difference Between English And Chinese Description: The two languages, however, contrast a lot and thus fail to provide a perfect writing communication. This paper discusses the contrast between the two languages....3 pages/≈825 words| 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |