The Term Homo sapiens Literature & Language Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
I have choose the topic Homo sapiens. need 3 sources and please MLA format. if need more information message me. thank you.
Physical Anthropology Paper
Submit to canvas
(If you have trouble with uploading it, email it to me. I need a digital copy)
Please also bring a hard copy to class.
3-4 pages: double spaced, times new roman, 12 font
At least 3 sources
- 1. Choose 1 hominin (Homo sapiens)
- 2. Topic: - Homo sapiens
Part 1: Write 2-3 pages discussing your hominin.
Suggested things to discuss:
- What is the taxonomy
- Is there any controversy surrounding the hominin
- When did they live and in what type of environment
- Characteristics: derived and ancestral
- Any behavioral traits
The term Homo sapien came to existence for the first time in the year 1758 courtesy of Carolus Linnaeus, who was a significant figure in zoological taxonomy (Tattrsall, 2010). The term means "wise man," and it was used to distinguish human beings from apes such as gorillas and orangutans, among many others. This distinction was made possible through taxonomy, which is the science of classifying, naming, and defining living organisms based on common characteristics. Though Homo sapiens shared several physical characteristics with the apes, it was a daring thing to categorize Homo sapiens in the same group with apes since the former had exhibited cognitive and more reasonable capabilities compared to the latter.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Social Justice. Lesson Reflection Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: The principle of social justice is not new for us humans. As we’ve learned from the lessons, such concept has existed even during the early human civilizations. As of today, one issue that reflects the role and importance of social justice is the issue of racism. Without the idea of social justice...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Philosophy of law. Yap Constitution. Literature & Language Essay Description: Tamanaha outlines a vivid description of the Yap constitution in which he explains Yap’s rule of recognition. Notably, customs and traditions of community played major role in the rule of recognition. Yap, as a society pursued a set of principles even before they attained independence in 1986 (Tamanaha 82)...5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Law | Essay |
- What Is American Ethnic Literature? Literature & Language EssayDescription: American literature is a broad and dynamic literary work that covers a wide range of social issues within the boundaries of the United States. The United States is one of the countries of different heritages, traditions, and cultures. Accordingly, American literature comprises of a wide range of traditions...4 pages/≈1100 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |