The Term Homo sapiens Literature & Language Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
I have choose the topic Homo sapiens. need 3 sources and please MLA format. if need more information message me. thank you.
Physical Anthropology Paper
Submit to canvas
(If you have trouble with uploading it, email it to me. I need a digital copy)
Please also bring a hard copy to class.
3-4 pages: double spaced, times new roman, 12 font
At least 3 sources
- 1. Choose 1 hominin (Homo sapiens)
- 2. Topic: - Homo sapiens
Part 1: Write 2-3 pages discussing your hominin.
Suggested things to discuss:
- What is the taxonomy
- Is there any controversy surrounding the hominin
- When did they live and in what type of environment
- Characteristics: derived and ancestral
- Any behavioral traits
The term Homo sapien came to existence for the first time in the year 1758 courtesy of Carolus Linnaeus, who was a significant figure in zoological taxonomy (Tattrsall, 2010). The term means "wise man," and it was used to distinguish human beings from apes such as gorillas and orangutans, among many others. This distinction was made possible through taxonomy, which is the science of classifying, naming, and defining living organisms based on common characteristics. Though Homo sapiens shared several physical characteristics with the apes, it was a daring thing to categorize Homo sapiens in the same group with apes since the former had exhibited cognitive and more reasonable capabilities compared to the latter.
- Gratitude and Appreciation: Conceptual DefinitionsDescription: John F. Kennedy, one of the founders of the United States once expressed that as humans show gratitude, it is important not to forget that the highest appreciation is not simply uttering the words, but living by the same sentiments (Ackerman, 2019)....9 pages/≈2475 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Report analysis. Accessing Health Information among ImmigrantsDescription: Healthcare access is one of the significant challenges facing immigrants. Such factors that limit their access include language barriers, high illiteracy levels, and lack of awareness on online sources of healthcare....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- DF2 6125 Crisis Communication. Comment on these two post.Description: When a tragedy occurs, wrong or correct information starts to spread, depending on the news outlets. It is crucial to know whether the source of information is credible or not....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |