Greek Cultural Experience Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
write about a recent experience (i.e., within the past 1-2 years) that you might have had of a different culture. You can choose from: a new cuisine, music/musical event (e.g., festival) religious service, foreign movie, dancing lessons/dancing night out, or cultural festival
PLEASE CHOOSE TO WRITE ABOUT AN EXPERIENCE WITH GREEK CULTURE.
please be sure to be specific on what experience for example if its food makes sure to specifics on exactly what you ate. And if it is an event be specific and focuses on that event. Don't make the essay generalizable to all greek culture. Choose a specific part of greek culture and talk about it.
RUBRIC: MUST INCLUDE
1. What experience you have chosen
2. Why you have chosen it
3. What you thought it would be like (before you tried it)
4. What it was actually like (after you tried it)
5. If you would/would not like to try it again
Greek Cultural Experience
Course Name and Number
Assignment Due Date
Greek Cultural Experience
I have chosen Yiasou Greek experience that I attended two years ago. It was a very informal intercultural experience that I enjoyed. The event was held at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral and its surrounding parking lot. There were many things to observe and purchase as well. From music to artwork to food, all in Greek Culture, it was a new experience. This was the time I almost became Greek.
I chose Yiasou Greek Festival because it is one of the most prominent annual events in the Greek culture that attracts thousands of tourists around the world. It features authentic Greek cuisine, live music and dancing, Hellenic cultural exhibits, homemade pastries, wine tasting, entertainment, art, shopping and more (yiasoufestival.org). This is the time of the year that everybody can be Greek. This event gave me the opportunity to learn more about the cultural practices of Greece. It is a big party that celebrates the country’s heritage. During the event, people talk about Greek faith and church, visit the Greek cultural Exhibition, and the Holy Trinity Cathedral (Banker, 2020). Visitors are offered delicious homemade foods and pastries like roast lamb, baklava, Athenian baked fish, Greek salad, and Grecian baked chicken.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Dr. T. Stockmann from A. Miller's adaptation of An Enemy of the PeopleDescription: Dr. Stockman was a husband, dad, and a doctor in a Norwegian town. He was an idealist who would speak his mind and ensure that truths and facts could were not compromised regardless of the price he would pay for it. Dr. Stockman believed in expressing oneself freely and safeguarding the freedom to speech....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- What do you think about math (or science)? Literature & Language EssayDescription: My love for Math today is connected to a long history of learning the subject that has significantly become the building blocks of an enthusiast in the discipline. I loved numbers and playing with games at an early age that my father bought me simple games to enhance my skills in the subject...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Writing Process Literature & Language Essay PaperDescription: The writing process involves several steps that are critical to ensure that the resulting work meets the expectations. The first step of the writing process is finding the topic and researching more about the subject. I also read the instructions at this stage to know the right format to use and the type...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |