Entitlement Reform. Literature & Language Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
This two page double spaced essay is meant to be a mini-version of your final paper. I suggest that your format should include the following pieces of information:
• Introduce your topic and tell me why you think it is important
• Explain how your topic relates to public policy
• Explain how your topic relates to public health
• Explain how your topic relates to urban planning
• Explain how you think the fields interrelate around your topic
ENTITLEMENT REFORMAnother contender for budget reconciliation is entitlement reform, which Ryan has indicated that he plans to pursue in 2018. The Medicaid program, which is projected to account for approximately $385 billion of federal spending in 2017, will be a prime target.
We expect to see policies aimed at controlling federal spending and shifting authority from the federal government to the states. Proposals will likely be similar to those included in the House-passed American Health Care Act and other ACA repeal and replace measures, such as phasing down Medicaid expansion, as well as shifting Medicaid financing from a federal-state match to a state block grant or per capita allotment.
Controlling federal spending and shifting authority from the government to the states is an important issue which deserves to be given attention. I think this is important because by handing over federal spending to each state, and enable them to manage their finances around a given policy, each state will effectively be able to budget for its people and fully cater for their needs are specified in a policy. Entitlement reform thus is a set of formal actions by the legislature and executive to push the government to spend on programmes ( Resenbaurn, 2018).
Entitlement reform will have an immense impact on public policy. The public policy is a principled guide to action taken by the administrative executive branches of the state about a class of issues, in a manner consistent with law and institutional customs. When this reform occurs, public policy formulation and implementation will take place mainly at the state level as opposed to the federal level. This will lead to a significant budget reconciliation and minimize wastage of public resources as well as increase efficiency of service and cutting through red tape. Whereas the Medicaid programme approximated spending is $385 billion government spending at the national level, this figure could be much lower if each state, budgeting solely handled the Medicaid programme, and planning for their people with the available dynamic and diverse resources, as well as demographics of each country. This will lead to phasing out of the programme's expansion as well as shifting its financing, from federal state match to state block grant or per capita allotment.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Why Job is Important. Literature & Language Essay PaperDescription: Paid work is important in our lives and it is one of the two things that Canada’s progress is measured in the other one is GDP.. Whereas the GDP is the sum total of income in the country, and the sum total of the output, unemployment rate is the proportion of people in the labor force...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Compare 2019 China with the book 1984 Literature & Language EssayDescription: In the book 1984, George Orwell imagined a world where people are under the control of a totalitarian state. In this world, people’s movements, speech, comments, and involvement in various activities were monitored, and there were consequences for anything that was deemed to be outside what was allowed...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Thematic Analysis Literature & Language Essay PaperDescription: The poem “Dulce et Decorum Est” holds many themes which revolve around war violence, and human suffering. The author imbued his poem with the devastating reality of war and how it is horrendous and evil in the face of reality. The full phrase, revealed at the end of the poem is dulce et decorum...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |