MLK and the Drum Major InstinctRead the speech and highlight important points. (Essay Sample)
The link is the speech. Write an essay based on the speech
MLK and the Drum Major InstinctRead the speech and highlight important points.
What do you think Martin meant when he said,“Not everybody can be famous. But everybody can great because greatness is determined by service!’
What do you think he meant about greatness and service? Describe how you can be great in your home, in your school, in your community in the way that Dr. King talks about in this sermon? Feel free to give examples of people that you know and see who are great because they serve.Essay due Thursday, October 17 Scoring Rubric:
Please read the prompt several times to answer it completely and fully.
Read rubric of what to include in essay. 8 points for each requirement.
1 title which connects to interesting introduction with thesis statement
2-3. At least two quotes from speech
4-5 -6. Minimum of 3 body paragraphs address prompt
7. Strong Conclusion
8. Integrated researched fact which supports an idea in paper
9-10-11. Facts from our study of King's Life, Actions and Achievements integrated in to introduction and conclusion.
12 Two literary devices to enhance ideas.
Please type, double space, Times New Roman, 12 font
Drum Major Instinct Speech
Drum Major Instinct Speech
The Drum Major Instinct is one of the finest sermons delivered by Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at Ebenezer Baptist Church in 1968 two months before he was assassinated. It was during this sermon that King acknowledged that there are individuals who desire to be first and being recognized. This desire was referred by King as “drum major instinct.” King suggested a different kind of ambition which may be obtained through a life of service.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to martin luther king:
- Artifact Analysis Essay -Nectanebo the Falcon essayDescription: Nectanebo the Falcon Visual & Performing Arts Essay. Artifact Analysis Essay The statue Pharaoh Nectanebo II and shows the Pharaoh protected by Horus the falcon the god of kingship. The Egyptian statue represents the reign of Nectanebo II in the years 360–343 B.C. and measures H. 72 cm (28 3/8 in....3 pages/≈825 words | Chicago | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Gilgamesh Essay by Herbert Mason. The Epic of GilgameshDescription: Gilgamesh Essay Literature & Language Essay. Please read the poem "Gilgamesh" the translated version by Herbert Mason and write an essay based on the topic "Love and vulnerability are the essential elements that make us human....5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Reflection essay. Martin Luther King - the idea of love is the philosophy of loveDescription: What are the reasons MLK says we should love our enemies? Compare the type of love MLK preaches about in ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |