1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Essay Sample)
Please make sure the question has been answered not too much elaboration needed. Standard essay format, using a standard font and 12 point type size-no fewer than 300 words in length-read your answers and proof for content, misspellings, and grammar. Only ONE reference can be used and MUST ONLY be this book : Psychology For Living: Adjustment, Growth, and Behavior Today 9th Edition, 2008 ISBN: 0-13-222447-X Karen Grover Duffy and Eastwood Atwater Publisher: Prentice Hall Essay is: What are five sexually transmitted diseases? Describe the symptoms and a preventive method for each. source..
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Sexually transmitted diseases are diseases that can be passed from one person to the other through sex. The diseases can be spread through anal, vaginal or oral sex. The essay we will concentrate on the cause, symptoms and the best method to prevent the disease CITATION Kra08 \l 2057 (Kraven Grover Duffy, 2008).
The causative agent happens to be bacteria Neisseria gonorrhea and it Infects urethra, anus and throat. The bacteria take a gestation period of 1 to 14 days after which the symptoms can be easily noticed without difficulty more so to men than women. Burning sensation when urinating, yellow discharge from the penis and irritation from the anus if the rectum is infected are some of the common symptoms. Condom is the best method to prevent gonorrhea.
Bacteria Treponema palladium causes syphilis. Mostly sexually transmitted but unborn baby may contract the disease from an infected mother during birth. Syphilis takes three months as gestation period due to several stages before symptoms can be identified. Symptoms include a non-itchy rash, painless ulcer in penis or vagina, lumps in groin due to swollen glands. Condom during sex will prevent contraction of syphilis.
The virus human Papilloma virus (HPV) causes the disease. Common symptoms include warts appear as white around the genital or flesh-colored bumps, the warts cause itching pain and very hard to spot and unusual bleeding by women who have warts in cervix. Condom is the best protection method as no body contact involved.
A Chlamydia trachomatis bacterium is the causative agent, and it`s transmitted during sexual intercourse or genital contact. The disease mostly affects urethra, rectum and eyes in both sexes and the common symptom takes 1 to 3 weeks in gestation period. Abstinence or condom can prevent contra...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to the yellow wallpaper:
- Argumentative Essay on the Theme of LoveDescription: Undergraduate Essay: Argumentative Essay on the Theme of Love...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Resistance and EmpowermentDescription: History Essay: Resistance and Empowerment...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Circumstances that Gave Rise to 'Mexican Hindu' FamiliesDescription: History Essay: Circumstances that Gave Rise to 'Mexican Hindu' Families...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |