1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
Constructive Criticism - Unit 3 Discussion Board (Essay Sample)
As with any skill, public speaking can be improved with practice and constructive criticism. In a minimum of two paragraphs, answer the following questions. What do you consider constructive criticism to be? Are you more comfortable giving or receiving criticism? Explain your response. source..
The art of practice in everything we do makes it possible for us to perfect the skills of everything we do. Public speaking is one field where practice and continued evaluation gives one success. Public speaking is always met with criticism. Constructive criticism can be of great help to all the parties involved. The evaluee learns where to improve while, on the other hand, the evaluator sharpens his intellect as he articulates all the reasons for his reactions. In order for criticism to be considered constructive, it should involve several things. It should focus on intent: criticism should be based on the goals that the speaker intended to achieve through the speech. Criticism should be like a mirror. The evaluator should show clearly his understanding by paraphrasing the speaker in order to create certainty that criticism is out of masterly of the topic: miscommunication may be the cause of the misunderstanding. The evaluator is required to be specific and always use oneself as an example. Being specific makes communication easier and makes criticisms appear logical. The evaluator should always start by complimenting what the speaker did well, make criticism remarks, and then further continue complimenting but laying great emphasis on the in...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to great gatsby:
- four principal arguments for God's existence Description: four principal arguments for God's existence Religion and Theology Essay...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- To What Extent Was The New Deal Successful In Solving The Economic Crisis Of The Great Depre. . .Description: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages History Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. history - To What Extent Was The New Deal Successful In Solving The Economic Crisis Of The Great Depression?...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Essay |
- How Would You Characterize the Economy Of The 1920's? What Made It “Roar” And What Role . . .Description: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages History Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. History - How Would You Characterize the Economy Of The 1920’s? What Made It “Roar” And What Role Did The Government Play During This Time?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | History | Essay |