Assignment 2: Comparative Research Paper. Julio Caesar and Abraham Lincoln (Essay Sample)
In an organized, well-developed report 3 – 5 typed pages, compare Julius Caesar (the HISTORICAL figure, NOT the literary character) with one of the following assassinated leaders:
Czar Nicholas II of Russia
Pages 1028-1030 in your textbook provide an example of a research report. Download the Writing Workshop worksheet below to help you organize your ideas for the report. You can also use this outline (WORD and PDF) to help you structure and organize your paper.
Please open and type your paper in this APA template. If you are struggling with APA, the following video tutorials might be helpful: •Formatting Your Paper Using APA
•Citing Your Sources In-text Using APA
•Citing Your Sources on Your Reference Page Using APA
Be sure that you save your paper as a Word (.doc) assignment. (If you are writing your paper using pages, please follow the directions on this link for directions on how to export your pages document as a Word or PDF document.) Click "add attachments" below to attach and submit your essay and academic integrity statement.
Please be sure to watch the following tutorials
•Characteristics of Scholarly Sources
•Locating Academic Sources for Assignment 2
•Using the LRC to Find Sources
All sources, including your textbook, need to be cited in-text and on your reference page.
•Be sure that your in-text citations are properly formatted using APA. Your in-text citations should follow this format: (author's last name, date of publication, page number written with a p.) Ex. (Jones, 1998, p. 3). If there isn't a date or a page, use n.d. or n.p., but keep in mind that scholarly sources typically have all of that information.For additional information on how to properly cite your sources in-text please watch this video tutorial or visit this website.
•When citing a website in your reference list you should use this format: Author’s Last Name, Author’s First Name. (Date of Publication). “Title of Article.” Retrieved from website address. For more information on how to properly format your reference page, watch this video tutorial or visit this website.
*Please note that NO GRADE WILL BE AWARDED if scholarly sources are not included in-text AND on your reference page since evidence of research is the key component of this assignment.
*Wikipedia is NOT a scholarly source and should not be used for this assignment!
Before you submit, check the following:
1. Have I read the rubric?
2. Does my paper fully address the prompt, and do I have a clear thesis statement in my introduction?
3. Are my paper and sources in APA format?
Your paper will be screened for plagiarism. If you'd like help in this area, please email your teacher, visit our online library (the Learning Resource Center), or feel free to book a one-on-one appointment with a writing coach in the writing lab: BOOK HERE
COMPARATIVE RESEARCH PAPER
Julio Caesar and Abraham Lincoln
Both Julio Caesar and Abraham Lincoln have left an indelible mark in history. Though they ruled on different continents and nearly 17 centuries in between, they are still remembered as one of the most influential politicians of their time. One of the most striking similarities in their lives is their deaths. They were murdered by their political enemies who schemed their plans and robbed the world and the respective countries of their ingenuity. The murderers were settling political scores, and they hoped that assassinating these leaders would influence history to their will.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to plagiarism:
- Proposal paper essay. History of Social Media BullyingDescription: For the social media bullying menace to be eradicated, it needs to be addressed in a multifaceted manner, by the victims, social media platforms and government....4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- A Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman Story. Write a two-page reportDescription: The Thurman v. Torrington became a landmark case whereby Tracey Thurman sued the Torrington police department for failing to protect her from her husband’s violent acts. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Business Communication, Leadership, Estimating, Scheduling, and RisksDescription: Organizations initiate different projects to achieve different objectives in line with their vision, mission, and objectives. Managing projects without neglecting the day-to-day operations of an organization is often a difficult task....6 pages/≈1650 words | 1 Source | MLA | Management | Essay |