Legalization of Marijuana. Argumentative Research Paper. (Essay Sample)
This is a secondary research paper based on a topic (approved by the instructor) of at least 2,500 words. Research must come from good, scholarly sources, governmental organizations, newspapers or magazines. Choose the type of argument that you want to write: arguing a position, proposing a solution, or justifying an evaluation. Pre-write for a few minutes to decide which topic you would like to write about. Use the technique of CUBING to pre-write on your subject. All material must be well-cited if the idea or facts are not your own or obvious common knowledge, cited and quoted, if necessary. The topic and paper must be in the APA format.
Argumentative Research Paper
Assignment: This is a secondary research paper based on a topic (approved by the instructor) of at least 2,500 words. Research must come from good, scholarly sources, governmental organizations, newspapers or magazines. Choose the type of argument that you want to write: arguing a position, proposing a solution, or justifying an evaluation. Pre-write for a few minutes to decide which topic you would like to write about. Use the technique of CUBING to pre-write on your subject. All material must be well-cited if the idea or facts are not your own or obvious common knowledge, cited and quoted, if necessary. The topic and paper must be in the APA format.
Your Readers: The writer needs to consider the uninformed reader who may or may not have heard of topic, considered the thesis statement, or believe the credibility of the writer. The credibility will be created by the affective use of sources, examples, and other forms of support.
Assignment Requirements: The researched essay should be at least 2,500 words in length; more words might be necessary. Your essay should
• Provide a clear, thoughtful introduction.
• Include the thesis in the introduction that reveals the overall organization.
• Follow a clear, logical organization with proper use of transitional expressions.
• Synthesize sources with proper in-text citations.
• Use APA formatting.
• Attach a References page in the appropriate format.
• Check spelling, grammar, and other stylistic concerns.
• Consider feedback provided by a peer reviewer.
Keep track of the word count when typing the document. Revise your essay by making sure that you provide a variety of sentence structure, proper use of punctuation, and a clear and logical flow of ideas.
Format: Make sure to include a heading, title, and paragraph indentation. The text should be double-spaced. The font size should be 12 pt. and the style Times New Roman. There should be clear transitions to mark each new paragraph. Include parenthetical documentation when incorporating citations. Each draft of the essay needs to be turned in during class with the previous draft attached in the order of the first draft on top with the most current draft on the bottom. This essay will be reviewed one time for feedback. It is suggested that the essay is proofread also by a third party either at the Center for Excellence in Writing or by another reader. Consider the comments and make appropriate changes. If there are any major concerns or questions, make sure to address them with the instructor.
Legalization of Marijuana
Legalization of Marijuana
Despite a century of prohibition, marijuana is the most widely consumed illegal drug across the world. It is a completely natural narcotic that has appealed to millions of people. Marijuana has been used for both medicinal and recreational purposes for thousands of years. Regardless of its attributed benefits, cultivation, consumption, and possession of marijuana remains illegal in most countries (Chemerinsky, 2017). However, this is not the case in the United States, where some states have legalized marijuana for medical or recreational purposes or both due to public demand. It is a trend that indicates an increasing prevalence of marijuana consumption and a sign that the perceived risk of harm from its products is diminishing (Cavazos-Rehg et al. 2015). The widespread prohibition of the drug appears to be a missed opportunity for both national and global economies. People still consume marijuana and its products despite the illegal status. Collectively, the illegal cultivation, processing, and sale of marijuana in the black market are worth billions of dollars. Considering the potential economic, social, and medical benefits of marijuana, it is evident that its legalization would yield more benefits than risks to individuals, families, and society, hence the need for its legalization.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to legalize marijuana:
- Thesis Statement and Gathering Resources WorksheetDescription: Grass fed beef is a much healthier option than corn fed beef because it has higher nutritional value, can provide the body with much needed Omega 3 fatty acids, and has the health benefits of conjugated linoleic acid....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Psychology | Coursework |
- Reasons to Criminalize Drug Use. Social Sciences EssayDescription: The use and possession of many drugs in the United States are considered a criminal offense. Additionally, production, distribution, and use of some drugs such as marijuana are punishable crimes, and offenders can be imprisoned....7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Annotated Bibliography for two articles. Literature & LanguageDescription: Purpose statement: the study aims to establish the difference between the consumption of alcoholic drinks together with energy drinks and the consumption of alcohol without energy drinks....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |