The Work Of Earth Science: Concepts And Images (Essay Sample)
1. This is about the work of Earth Science
2. Describe three images
3. Describe three the pictures relate to 3 concepts that we learned in earth science.
This is an image that shows water body colleting at the bottom of a valley. The water that comes from the surrounding areas forms a lake or a large water body after, collecting from the surrounding higher ground. This is a common phenomenon when it comes to the formation of lakes and more importantly sedimentary rocks (Columbia University, 2018).
As seen in the picture above, the water after receding leaves behind the silt that had been collected over the years. Much of the soil that collects at the reservoir will happen over the years and different seasons as such will be form layers on top of one another (Szmytkiewicz & Zalewska, 2014).
In this image it is clear that there are layers of the sediments that laid on top of one another and they have been compressed (Szmytkiewicz & Zalewska, 2014). Sediments that have been deposited over the reservoir have been compressed by the ones that come on top relative to their weight. The compression over the years forces there to be chemical bonds other than the physical bonds that they form the sedimentary rocks. This is a crucial process that takes place over millions of years and forms some of the most magnificent cites. This is especially the case, the sedimentary rocks are later exposed through faulting or general wearing of the surrounding rock layers, showing the side of the compressed and layers rocks (Columbia University, 2018).
This is a concept that relates to the element of having mineral particle suspended in the water. Ideally, in the case of the water reservoir above, the wat
- Response Homework 4: Earth Science And Plate TectonicsDescription: The plate tectonics affect the location of the major drainage , divides the direction of major continental drainages and affects the land masses, which receive precipitation necessary to maintain stream systems, while influencing tectonic deformation....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- Solutions To The Global Warming ProblemDescription: The nations are doing nothing to deal with the problem of global warming. Twenty years ago, scientists, after a number of research projects, got to know that burning of fossil fuels was terrible for human health and that the ozone layer was depleting day by day....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- The Solutions to Problem of OverpopulationDescription: Population in the world has detonated over the last half-century. Historically, the world’s population stretched to 7.3 billion in 2015, and could remarkably attain 9-12 billion before 2050....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |