1 page/≈275 words
SARS (Essay Sample)
Brief history of Sars. Describe how it is density dependent and why you would use the RNI over the PGR source..
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
SARS would refer to as a respiratory sickness that is a danger to human life. The disease originated in the Asian countries, Guangdong province found in the southern china. The health organizations discovered the first incidences of the disease in the late 2002 and early 2003. A virus known as the corona virus causes it (Ramen, 2004). This virus is common in civets; a wild mammal that resembles cat. This animal is a delicacy in Asian countries such as china. The virus would cause a flu-like syndrome that later may develop into pneumonia, respiratory failures and at times it may lead to death.
The basic reproductive rate of SARS is density dependent. The metric of the SARS is r naught and it refers to the numerical cases that a single case can generate on average in its entire course of infectious period (Ramen, 2004). If the reproductive rate is less than one then it has a low density that indicates that the infection is likely to vanish in the end. On the other hand, if the rate is greater than one, the density is high. This indicates that the infection can spread rapidly in the population. This is so because SARS is a respiratory illness. This is to say that it is air borne.
The rate of natural increase (RNI) would refer to as the total number of births minus the total number of deaths. On the other hand, population growth rate is the total increase in a populatio...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal right:
- Compare and contrast nature in the Chinese and native american culturesDescription: Essay: Compare and contrast nature in the Chinese and native american cultures...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- techniques of propaganda in animal farmDescription: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. techniques of propaganda in animal farm...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Should animals be used for medical research?Description: High School writing level 3 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Should animals be used for medical research?...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |