Property Crime And Typologies Performance Task (Essay Sample)
1. Your task as the District Attorney is to determine what charges, if any, and the penalties (refer to Penalty Sheet in the Document Library) for such charges, for all three individuals involved in this incident. You should base your answer on an understanding of the definitions by reviewing the Criminal Code for the State of Georgia: Title 16 Crimes and Offenses: Offenses involving Theft found in the Document Library.
● Please refer to the inventory sheet for the cost of merchandise stolen.
2. Next, examine the crime scenario and give your opinion on whether the crime committed was done by amateurs or professionals.
3. Identify what type of criminal typology could be applied to the suspects based on your lesson notes.
Formatting Requirements: Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
● Be four pages typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with oneinch margins on all sides. All the information you need is in the Document Library.
● Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.source..
PROPERTY CRIME AND TYPOLOGIES PERFORMANCE TASK
PROPERTY CRIME AND TYPOLOGIES PERFORMANCE TASK
Given the criminal record of Suspect One (Bubba Hurt) and seemingly no record for the other two suspects, the three suspects are amateur thieves. Since Hurt had been previously convicted of shoplifting and uniform controlled substances act, it seemed his occupation in metal stamping and his economic background drove him to commit said charges. Thus, he is an amateur thief. However, grounds that imply how they are not professional property offenders vary more than the aforementioned situations. Amateur thieving can be impeded according to how the offender’s circumstances (underlying psychological troubles, severe poverty, addiction, and other sociological pressures) will change. Though the amateurs may have plans in advance, they usually do not have outlets for their booties. They have more limited damage. More importantly, what they need comes in the form of reshaping their behaviors thru psychological and sociological assistance. As for professional property offenders, they can only be impeded when incarcerated. They have modus operandi and outlets for booties. The damage they cause affects numerous victims while their display of moral capacity is diminished. To combat these professional property offenders, all sorts of law forces must be used. Technically, sociological remedy needs the essence of law identifying the differences between the professional and amateur thieving.
Bubba Hurt, Skeeter Redrum, and Summer Breeze are charged with Theft by Taking under O.C.G.A. 16-8-2 (2010) 16-8-2 and Theft by Shoplifting under O.C.G.A. 16-8-14 (2010) 16-8-14. The three suspects had unlawfully taken 24 pairs of Hang Nail Free socks worth $240.00 and 36 pairs of Big Guy socks worth $432.00. They unlawfully took items from the Socks for Feet Outlet intentionally depriving Clifford Tonell, the owner of his merchandise. When the offender unlawfully appropriates or takes whatever properties intentionally depriving the victim of his property it states the crime of theft by taking. The crime of theft by shoplifting, on the other hand, applies differently for each suspect with regards to the penalties for the charges. First, what defines this criminal act? An offender committing this specific kind of theft, whether on his own or not, intently deprives the merchandiser of his goods and/or intently appropriates goods for his own use sans paying. Specifically, he wrongfully pays less the declared price of the goods, swaps the price tag or label from one merchandise item with a price tag or label for a different merchandise item, relocates the goods from its packaging or container to a different packaging or container, changes the label or price tag of the goods, and/or takes possession or hides the goods. The three suspects for the property crime clearly took
- International Trade Treaties & The Fair And EquitableDescription: The Fair and Equitable (FET) standard has been a subject of any works examining the formation and success of various investment treaties....12 pages/≈3300 words | 21 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Informant's InformationDescription: Discuss the types of useful information an informant can provide to police. Additionally, explain "entrapment" and how to avoid it during an undercover operation...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Differences Between Adult and Juvenile Court SystemsDescription: Describe at least two of the important juvenile court decisions discussed in textbook, and their impact today on juvenile court proceedings...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Law | Essay |