Macromex Srl. V. Globex international Inc. (Essay Sample)
"Managing Contract Issues in Business at Home and Abroad" Please respond to the following:
Imagine you are a senior manager in a U.S. manufacturing firm who procures component parts and services from various states. Analyze three (3) clauses in a potential contract that might put your company at risk if not sufficiently scrutinized prior to signing a contract. Determine whether or not you can assume that the Uniform Commercial Code will apply to the contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
From the e-Activity, discuss the major issues addressed in the case you found. Explain the contract law that the court applied to the case and why. Then, determine at least one (1) action in drafting the contract that either company to the dispute could have taken to avoid litigation
*Week 10 eActivity*
Using the Internet or Strayer Database, research one (1) breach of contract case involving a U.S. company and the application of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Recommended cites for finding cases:
Lexis/Nexis database, Strayer University Library
Institute of International Commercial Law, Pace Law School at http://www(dot)cisg(dot)law(dot)pace(dot)edu/
Case Law on United Nations International Trade Law (CLOUT) at http://www(dot)uncitral(dot)org/uncitral/en/case_law.html
***These are two separate discussion questions**
Macromex Srl. V. Globex international Inc.
Business interactions that involve transnational deals can be quite tricky and therefore require strict scrutiny, especially with respect to the contracts. A closer look at the fine print and the clauses included in the contract can easily save the company billions of dollars in avoidable costs.
One of the main clauses that should be scrutinized closely is the one associated with delivery terms. Aspects such as administrative and international costs will be highlighted in this section. It also includes risks on goods, responsibility for custom duties and insurance.
The other clause rel...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- How a Bill Becomes a LawDescription: One of the major concerns for every stakeholder in the health sector is unsafe abortion. Young women have become vulnerable to unsafe abortion among the many reproductive health risks...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Court Visit PaperDescription: This paper provides an account of the observation made during a court visiting on 25th May 2015 at King County Superior Court in Seattle, Washington...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Legal and Ethical Considerations in MarketingDescription: With the advanced technological revolution currently experienced in the world, the pharmaceutical industry is one of the sectors that have greatly benefited....8 pages/≈2200 words | 3 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |