Criminal Justice Assignment: Victim Impact Statement (Essay Sample)
The Mini-Paper is a single-page composition on an assigned question or topic. The paper is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their comprehension of the course material and to apply it to the situation presented. The paper is also an opportunity for the student to demonstrate his or her writing skills. Feedback will be provided for both content and grammar.
Assignment: What is a victim-impact statement? Do you think victim-impact statements should be admissible at the sentencing stage of criminal trials? Please explain.
One full page, headed with the student's name. (No cover page.)
Narrative must be double spaced, with 1 inch margins, written in #12 font.
All supportive references must be cited in APA format with an in-text citation as well as a full citation on a separate Resources page.
No directly quoted (copy/paste) material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page citations.
Victim Impact Statement
Victim Impact Statement
A victim impact statement is an oral or written information form a crime victim in his or her own words explaining how he was affected by the crime. Therefore, the victim-impact statement provides the victims with an opportunity to explain how they have been impacted by the crime. The information provided in the victim-impact statement plays a significant role in the decision making process by enabling the judge decide the punishment the offender deserves (Schweitzer & Nuñez, 2017). Moreover, they provide more information that may have been missing from the court in regard to how the victims suffered.
A victim-impact statement should be admissible at the sentencing stage of the criminal trials due to various reasons. First, it enables the prosecutor to get additional information that can be used in
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to salem witch trials:
- Three dimensional design: Creative and Critical Thinking SkillsDescription: Your research paper should include 4 articles from the popular press (newspapers, magazines, and web pages) related to your topic. Write a brief review of each of the four articles. Your assignment should be at least 3 to pages long....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Forum 5: What Is The Overall Trend Of The AmendmentsDescription: What is the overall trend of the Amendments: Toward the conservative or the liberal? Explain your perspective by citing specific rights in the Amendments and why the rights indicate conservative or liberal principles and values....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Annotated Bibliography: Genetic ModificationDescription: This annotated bibliography presents the sources that will be used to develop the essay on the issue of gene modification. All the sources are credible, which enables them to be reliable sources for the paper....2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |