Why you do or do not think we are in a new Cold War? (Essay Sample)
After World War II, a "cold war" emerged between the "Communist bloc" in the east and the capitalist countries in the West. The major players were the Soviet Union and the United States. Pages 610-615 in your textbook briefly discuss this conflict. This era ended with the fall of the Berlin Wall (November 1989) and the collapse of the Soviet Union.
This very short article gives a concise explanation of the arms race and proxy wars during the cold war: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/topics/reference/cold-war/
. Today, it might be said that we are in a "new cold war" between the United States and China. Since global affairs have changed so rapidly -- even within the last six months -- it is difficult pinpoint what is really happening. The global Covid-19 pandemic has thrown the world into disarray, although some countries blame China, which could also suggest a new cold war. Do you think we are in a "New Cold War"? .
FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT, write a paragraph or two explaining why you do or do not think we are in a new Cold War. You should also refer to the textbook, or one of these articles, or find another recent article (be sure to give the link to the article and to cite the author, date, and place of publication).
.There is no right or wrong answer to this question. This response report gives you an opportunity to briefly explore this idea and to give your opinion in just a couple of paragraphs.
• You should mention briefly something from the textbook or one of the articles, or anything else from blackboard this semester that you think supports or makes a point about your discussion.
• NOTE: Please do not write more than two paragraphs (no more than one page altogether). Just write a concise opinion report. Then you can spend the rest of your time this semester working on your research paper that is due during exam week.
.SUBMIT YOUR PAPER
This paper is due no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, May 4.
To submit your response paper, click on "Response Paper #2 Submission" above.
Then click on "Text Submission" and paste your paper text in the box. Please DO NOT type your answers in the "Comments" section. BE SURE TO CLICK ON "SUBMIT"!
.NOTE: You will be asked to click in the box to allow your answer to be submitted to Global Reference Data. It is optional..
New Cold War
New Cold War
Wars of all kinds affect the involved countries to a great extent, economically, politically, and socially. According to Blakemore (2019), the Cold War came up after the Second World War between the western countries led by the U.S and the eastern led by the Soviet Union (currently Russia and Ukraine). It did not involve direct fighting but indirect provocations like the arms race, where the rivalries competed amongst themselves on acquiring more deadly weapons than their counterparts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to world war 2:
- World War II History Essay Research Coursework PaperDescription: The Second World War is a historical global conflict that lasted between 1939 and 1945. The war involved the world’s great powers, which led to the formation of two military opposing alliances dubbed the Axis and the Allies. Japan, Italy, and Germany were the Axis powers, exhibiting a profound hostility...1 page/≈275 words | APA | History | Essay |
- Navies of Different Nations since the End of Cold War History EssayDescription: Cold War, an apparent yet constrained rivalry that emerged after the Second World War between the United States and the Soviet Union, and their respective allies. It is waged on economic, propaganda fronts, and political, and had only limited recourse to weapons (Encyclopedia Britannica)....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | History | Essay |
- Masks to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus Business & Marketing EssayDescription: The coronavirus pandemic is ravaging people all over the globe. It is creating a health and economic crisis, which is affecting even developed nations in the world. Because of this, coronavirus pandemic is one of the worst disasters that countries are witnessing since the adverse effects of World War II....6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |