History Topics (Essay Sample)
Please answer these questions individually and include 1 or 2 sources for each question
1) How would you evaluate the Union's and Confederacy's management of the war, including their respective diplomatic and naval maneuvers?
2) How was 1863 the crucial year of the war?
With Lincoln as the president of the Union, they had the manpower and resources required in the civil war. They had a significant industrial advantage over the Confederacy, which allowed them to manufacture weapons and ammunition. The political objective of the Union involved invading, conquering, as well as occupying the South for the Union to remain standing and eliminate slavery. They aimed to fight the Confederacy by receiving support from the Border States and destroy the Confederacy’s will to keep going. The Union also managed the war by ensuring that European powers did not offer assistance to the Confederacy by proving they were fighting for self-gratification rather than for the greater good - abolition of slavery. The Union used its navy to construct and preserve a blockade deep into the Confederate coastline and also fight off the Confederate States Navy. They also ensured the navy offered support to the army by carrying weapons or gunpowder using rivers in the interior regions. On the other hand, the Confe...
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to civil war:
- History TopicsDescription: President Abraham Lincoln as the 16th American president, and a member of the Republican Party was endowed with brilliant leadership skills...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Hate CrimeDescription: Many scholars define hate crimes as a crime against an individual based on his perceived roles in a society (Haider & Donald, 126)...5 pages/≈1375 words | 10 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Kobani Fighting BackDescription: Kobani is a city in Northern Syria that has been under the Kurdish control since 2012...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Essay |