History 103: Things Fall Apart. Global Trade in the 19th Century (Essay Sample)
World history, according to the topic, write a 300-word essay (with the format, be sure to use). Write this composition as a live composition (I got the title in advance, but I need to copy it again on the day of the test, so I wrote it directly as a live composition mode)! Try to use the resources you have given! Since this is the exam, please be sure to pay attention!
History 103: Things Fall Apart Essay Assignment
As one of the requirements of this class, each student is expected to write an essay paper based on the following prompt:
In his novel Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe tells the story of Okonkwo, an Ibo man living in Nigeria during the age of new imperialism. Okonkwo spends his life trying to rise in Ibo society, only to see his ambitions foiled by the arrival of British imperialists, who introduce their own culture and government to the area. Based on the book, identify three significant characteristics of traditional Ibo society. To what extent are these characteristics challenged by the arrival of British imperialism?
For this assignment, you are required to write a 3-4 page essay in response to the question below. The essay should be written in 12 point font and double spaced with 1”-1.25” margins. Be sure to cite all quotations and facts taken from the book. Each paper should have a title, along with page numbers in the lower right corner of each page. Students are not expected to do additional outside research for this paper.
The essay paper is worth 20% of your final grade. The essay grade will be based on the following factors:
1. The clarity of your thesis statement and the quality of the evidence you use to support it.2. The coherence and general readability of the paper. 3. The format of the paper/ citation of resources.
Global Trade in the 19th Century
Global Trade in the 19th Century
The world trade had taken roots in the period from 1600 to 1700, and the explorers had identified close to all the current world continents. The countries that actively took part in the world trade during this period were America, Asian countries like China, the British and some of the African countries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to things fall apart:
- A Midsummer Night's DreamDescription: This paper is going to look at "A Midsummer Night's Dream'' and the use of animality to complicate notions of human love. The level of creativity, however, separates the good and the average artists....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Rise and Fall of CinemaDescription: Hollywood history has been divided into four eras; silent era, classical Hollywood, new Hollywood, and modern Hollywood. Here, the purpose is not to draw the historical timeline, as everyone knows that the industry has seen its golden times of fifteen years, starting from 1930 to 1945....3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Eastern Parents Who Typically Spank Their ChildrenDescription: Rearing children is one of the most challenging, yet fulfilling things to do. Parents have always acted as the beacon that guides their children most of the time when they are growing up...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |