Empire of Dreams Documentary. History Assignment. (Essay Sample)
1. Give a summary of Episode 2: who? what? when? where?
2. Give your critical and personal reaction to the documentary.
3. Discuss what are some of the different aspects and circumstance of various Hispanic demographic groups seeking a new life in the United States? How do Cubans differ from Mexicans? What is the unique position of Puerto Ricans in terms of immigration to the United States? What role does U.S. labor markets and economics play? Back up your argument with examples.
4. Do not forget to proofread your post for grammar, punctuation and verb agreement. Use the spell checker!
EMPIRE OF DREAMS DOCUMENTARY
Empire of Dreams Documentary
Episode 2 of the Empire of Dreams Documentary majors on the rampant immigration of the Latino Americans from Cuba and Mexico to the United States in the years 1880-1942. This immigration was encouraged by the rapidly growing economy in the United States. In 1898, the United States helped Cuba and Puerto Rico gain independence from being colonized by Spain. However, the United States forcefully took hold of Puerto Rico and made it their colony.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
- Stereotyping Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to dream:
- Motifs in Carmen Machado’s In the Dream House. Literature & LanguageDescription: In the Dream House is a book that Carmen Maria Machado wrote in response to the haunting past that she had experienced in her same-sex relationship with her first lover (James 1). ...6 pages/≈1650 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Asian American Dreams: The Emergence of an American PeopleDescription: In this chapter, Zia (An Asian American) seeks how she was exposed to racial differences at a young age. Her parents were immigrants who escaped from China due to the war with Japan....9 pages/≈2475 words | MLA | History | Book Review |
- The "American Dream" for Americans of European Descent History EssayDescription: The United States is currently fighting climate change, but the root of this issue runs deeper than the economic crisis that it experienced in the 1930s. Since the colonial times, there has been a culture of exploitation which has been integrated into the American social and environmental practices...5 pages/≈1375 words | Chicago | History | Essay |