Workplace Safety Initiative Proposal Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
For this assignment, develop a 1,250-1,500 word proposal inclusive of the following elements:
The proposal identifies and promotes one specific safety, risk management or quality improvement initiative that is recognized or proven to be successful.
The proposed idea would benefit your employer/organization, or if you are not currently employed in this capacity, would benefit an organization in your city/region in your chosen health care field.
The proposal must include and define roles for the organization's top/corporate management, facility/department management, and the role of the individual allied health professional in implementing the proposed initiative's activities.
Use the "Topic 1 Assignment Template" for crafting your proposal. Appendices are optional; if needed to support a point or idea in your proposal, please attach tables or graph resources in this section and not in the body of the proposal.
You are required to use and cite a minimum of three qualified resources from the readings or the GCU Library in order to complete this assignment successfully.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Workplace Safety Initiative Proposal
Workplace Safety Initiative Proposal
To improve healthcare services, hospitals should identify the safety and risk management techniques that would make this attainable. Organizations need to take actions that minimize medical risks, enhance patient safety, and improve caregivers’ practice. Medical errors, fall incidents, and diagnostic errors are examples of incidences that lead to worse healthcare outcomes. Most medical errors occur as a result of faulty processes in healthcare. Training, proper patient engagement, managing medical records, improving hospital discharges are examples of initiatives that limit such errors. Every staff member ensures patient safety and risk management. Giving room to safety improvement initiatives automatically results in quality healthcare. This proposal intends to identify and promote an initiative and demonstrate how it would benefit a health organization.
Management of Medical Records
* Description of the Initiative
Medical records management entails the safekeeping of all information in healthcare practice. It involves filing and scanning of patient’s chart and information and proper destruction of the records at the end of the retention period. Medical records management is the science of administering non-clinical information like contracts, or other business-related documents. According to Marutha and Ngoepe (2018), it is the management of physical or digital records used for healthcare practice. Records have to comply with the latest record retention requirements. Healthcare organizations need to ensure that they have proper management of patients’ medical records. Unlike electronic storage, medical paper records that take up much storage space. Electronic medical records (EMR) and electronic health records (EHR) fall under medical records management (Marutha & Ngoepe, 2018). EMR is used in a single provider's office while EHR is used in several organizations.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Vietnam war Essays
- Ethics Essays
- Globalization Essays
- Kite runner Essays
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- Terrorism Essays
- Autism Essays
- Edgar allan poe Essays
- Mahatma gandhi Essays
- Progressive era Essays
- Overpopulation Essays
- Professionalism Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to modest proposal:
- Youth Olympic Games Literature & Language Essay PaperDescription: The sport is one of the critical epicenters of entertainment around the globe. The gaming industry is worth a multibillion-dollar business empire, is not a secret, and its impact in society is profound and unquantifiable. The Youth Olympic Games (YOG) are not different and assume an essential ...10 pages/≈2750 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Hand Hygiene Program Proposal Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The healthcare departments are embarking on an era of value-based care with pressure mounting to reduce the spread of healthcare-associated infections. For generations handwashing using soap and water has been portrayed as a measure of personal hygiene. Although it does help, hand hygiene ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Practice composing a research proposal with an annotated bibliography.Description: Technology plays a massive role in society today, especially with social media. Constant innovations have raised a question about the long term effects of living in a technological world....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Technology | Research Proposal |