The Future of Technology in Nursing. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
We ask that you consider your nursing practice at a point in the future - say 5 or 10 years from now. What would the practice environment look like at that time in terms of information and communication technologies? Which of the information and communication technologies that you have explored in this course would you like to see in practice at that time and why?
In this short paper you should:
• Identify information and communication technology that you envision being used in the future. What is the technology and how will it be used?
• Describe the impact to client care associated with technology? How will it improve the quality of care? Strengthen patient safety?
• Discuss the actions required for the successful integration of this technology into nursing practice. What education or training is required to use the technology correctly?
Evaluation Criteria for Assignment 1
• Provide a clear description of the technology (4 marks)
• Articulate the anticipated impact of the technology on nursing care (4 marks)
• Include a detailed plan for integration of the technology (3 marks)
• Provide evidence of application of course concepts from Units 1, 2, and 3 and references to sources (e.
The Future of Technology in Nursing
The Future of Technology in Nursing
Technology has created a lot of changes over the recent past, especially in the world of medicine. It has allowed the transfer of data either to the patients or to the doctors, thus enabling easier access and delivery of healthcare. As such, a lot of focus has been placed on nursing informatics, a practice that allows the integration of nursing science and technology so that patient data can be converted into useful knowledge for patient care (McGonigle, Hunter, Sipes, & Hebda, 2014). Information and communication technologies have been instrumental in enhancing nursing informatics. It is, therefore, important to look at the future of nursing concerning information and communication technologies. This paper will identify an information and communication technology that will be used in the future and discuss its impact on nursing care as well as the necessary training required for its successful integration into nursing practice
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Gun violence Essays
- Divorce Essays
- Romeo and juliet Essays
- Time management Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to technology:
- Huang Chow Enterprises. Management course term paperDescription: In the digital era, technology is highly dynamic and rapidly advancing. That is the reason why Huang Chow Enterprises (HCE) has developed a prototype of a silicon chip called “Dix Chip” that operates 20 times faster than other chips already available in the market....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Case Study |
- Green technology. Social Sciences Annotated BibliographyDescription: The article shows how Green technology has evolved. The concept of green technology evolved in the 1970s when the social-ecological movement started in the industrialized nations. The authors in the article acknowledge GT as a technology that will be applied in diminishing the negative impact...6 pages/≈1650 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Annotated Bibliography |
- Basic Composition. Conversation or Mere Connection?Description: With the development of modern technology, we are surrounded by a world in which we are all connected to others. On the one hand, everyone can send and receive emails, read, write blogs and chat with friends. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |