Teen Pregnancy: Problem Health Behavior And The Target Population (Essay Sample)
You have a program/intervention proposal to address a health behavior problem.
Write an abstract (1 page in length) briefly describing your whole proposal. Be sure to use subheadings.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Describe the problem health behavior and the target population.
- Summary of the program goal and objectives.
- Briefly describe your strategies for program implementation and evaluation.
- Discuss what contribution the results/findings from your proposed program will make to the field of health sciences.
Problem health behavior and the target population
In countries such as the United States, there is a significantly high rate of teenage pregnancies. Although this occurrence can be a positive experience especially in the latter years of the teenager's life, it is also linked to numerous adverse health and social implications (Frick, 2007). These associations are even present after adjusting for pre-existing health and social problems. The target population will involve mainly teenagers and also teenage mothers. During this adolescent period, initiation of sexual activities typically occurs. The early onset of sexual intercourse and the associated issues regarding management of the pregnancy is just one of the elements that have increased the risks of unplanned pregnancies and early motherhood (Reading, 2010).
Program goal and objectives
Analysis of essential services necessary for such people will be conducted. The teenage pregnancy prevention and management program is focused on educating individuals on the benefits of abstinence, the pros, and cons of abortion and also preventive and management strategies in case this issue occurs.
Sex education will ensure that those affected most are aware of this issue and can take the necessary measures to prevent such instances from occurring. The program will highlight the benefits of receiving quali
- Multivitamin Formulas Research Assignment PaperDescription: Identify two popular multivitamin formulas and list the ingredients of each. Compare the ingredients with one another. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Several Health Care Issues Affect People Around The WorldDescription: How will you, as a nurse leader, help facilitate change in the relevant healthcare policy in order to deal with these health issues?...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Procrastination: Focus On The Things That Really MatterDescription: Describe a circumstance, obstacle, or conflict in your life and the skills and resources you used to resolve it. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |