Teen Pregnancy: Problem Health Behavior And The Target Population (Essay Sample)
You have a program/intervention proposal to address a health behavior problem.
Write an abstract (1 page in length) briefly describing your whole proposal. Be sure to use subheadings.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Describe the problem health behavior and the target population.
- Summary of the program goal and objectives.
- Briefly describe your strategies for program implementation and evaluation.
- Discuss what contribution the results/findings from your proposed program will make to the field of health sciences.
Problem health behavior and the target population
In countries such as the United States, there is a significantly high rate of teenage pregnancies. Although this occurrence can be a positive experience especially in the latter years of the teenager's life, it is also linked to numerous adverse health and social implications (Frick, 2007). These associations are even present after adjusting for pre-existing health and social problems. The target population will involve mainly teenagers and also teenage mothers. During this adolescent period, initiation of sexual activities typically occurs. The early onset of sexual intercourse and the associated issues regarding management of the pregnancy is just one of the elements that have increased the risks of unplanned pregnancies and early motherhood (Reading, 2010).
Program goal and objectives
Analysis of essential services necessary for such people will be conducted. The teenage pregnancy prevention and management program is focused on educating individuals on the benefits of abstinence, the pros, and cons of abortion and also preventive and management strategies in case this issue occurs.
Sex education will ensure that those affected most are aware of this issue and can take the necessary measures to prevent such instances from occurring. The program will highlight the benefits of receiving quali
- How does the Sympathetic Nervous System Prepare your Body for EmergenciesDescription: How does the sympathetic nervous system prepare your body for emergencies? Give some examples. This is the Anatomy & Physiology class. ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- An Interview with the Chief of Infectious Disease at Kaiser Permanente's North California Ho. . .Description: Identification of the challenges the organization faces in controlling infectious diseases. Risk management strategies and organizations infection control ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Describe Professional Issues Independent Assignment Description: Why did you select this issue? What were the 3 key points you learned from your reading? How will you apply this information to your professional practice?...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |