Select a target population with a specific health issue- HIV AIDS (Essay Sample)
Specific health issue - HIV AIDS
For this assignment, you are to select a target population with a specific health issue HIV/AIDS and research how social, cultural, and behavior factors of the target population contribute to health outcomes associated with the health issue. The 1,200-1,500 word Research Paper must be including the following: for the purpose of this paper
Health issue - HIV AIDS (Public Health Issue -HIV AIDS)
1. Introduction: Provide a concise synopsis of the purpose of the paper and a general introduction to the target population and the health issue.
2. Target Population: Provide a description about the target population that you have selected; provide demographic information about the population; and discuss relevant social, cultural, and behavior factors that affect this population.
3. Health Issue: Provide information discussing the health issue that you have selected; include a history of knowledge and public health understanding regarding the health issue; how it has evolved; biological and epidemiological information related to the disease; and major social, cultural, and behavior factors that affect or relate to the health issue.
4. Relationship Between Health Issue and Target Population: Analyze how social, cultural, and behavior factors in the target population contribute to the health issue; and identify what factors/characteristics are positive or negative and which behaviors/practices/beliefs serve as risk factors or protective factors.
5. Current Strategies/Interventions: Discuss existing programming to prevent or reduce the health issue within the target population and challenges to interventions and programming.
6. Recommendations/Conclusion: Make recommendations to resolve the health issue within the target population based on your review of current literature and what you have learned throughout the course.
7. Minimum of Five References: Use at least five resources, including at least two peer-reviewed articles. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THIS ASSIGNMENT TO TURNITIN
The HIV/AIDS Burden among the Black Americans
The HIV/AIDS Burden among Black Americans
It is approximated that 36.7 million people live with HIV/AIDS in the world today. Around 2.1 million of them are children who mostly contract the disease from their mothers at birth or during breastfeeding, especially in sub-Saharan Africa. Moreover, an estimated 1.8 million new infections are reported every year. 30.5 million people have died from the epidemic since its start (HIV.gov, 2018). The epidemic does not only affect the infected individuals, but also their households and communities. Economic growth of countries is also hampered by the epidemic when the working population gets affected. Governments around the world also spend huge amounts on prevention and treatment measures. Regardless of the great strides that have been made in the scientific understanding of the disease, no cure or vaccine has yet been developed. However, more and more people are using antiretroviral therapy (ART). It is estimated that more than a million people are living with HIV/AIDS in the United States. Moreover, around 37,000 people are infected annually. 15% of them are unaware of their status (Avert, 2018). Stigmatization also remains a major hurdle in the reduction of infections and prevention of the disease. However, the number of deaths from the disease have greatly reduced since the early presentation of the disease. The Black Americans remain the most burdened populations in comparison to other ethnicities and races. The group accounts for approximately 44% of new infections (Avert, 2018). This paper seeks to explore the relationship between HIV/AIDS and the Black American community as well as the current strategies and interventions that are being aimed at preventing and reducing the HIV/AIDS burden in the Black American community.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Evidenced based practice Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The article focuses on Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs and the manner in which they contribute to most of the urinary tract infections in hospitals. According to the article, an approximation of fifty percent of the individuals that have gone through the procedure involving insertion...1 page/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Assignment: Ethical Concerns. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The patient in this scenario is a boy who has come for a physical examination before starting school. During the physical examination, I will check the child’s blood pressure and pulse so as to assess his vital organs. ...1 page/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- The Future of Nursing. Importance of IOM report. Nursing EssayDescription: The IOM and RWJF formed a partnership in an effort to strengthened nurses to ensure improved delivery of health-care services (Institute of Medicine (IOM), 2011). This partnership led to the formation of the RWJF Initiative on the Future of Nursing....4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |