Strategic Direction For Health Care Delivery Systems (Essay Sample)
The overall goal of the Session Long Project is to examine health care delivery in the United States from a strategic perspective.
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) changed the landscape of the health care industry. For this assignment, read the "Three brutal facts that provide strategic direction for health care delivery systems: Preparing for the end of the health care bubble" by Nathan Kaufman. Kaufman discusses that the health care industry is heading for a fall and that organizations need to prepare now by focusing their strategies on new market realities. After reading the Kaufman article, write a paper to respond to the following questions.
1. Why does Kaufman believe the health care bubble is going to burst? Explain whether you agree or disagree with his views.
2. Discuss what he means by "Physician autonomy and the organized medical staff will become less relevant". Do you believe this will improve patient care?
3. Discuss what a prepared organization is to Kaufman. Do you believe this is what it will take to effectively deal with the health care bubble? What are some suggestions that you have based on this article and your own research?source..
Health Care Delivery System
Health Care Delivery System
Three brutal facts that provide strategic direction for health care delivery systems
Why does Kaufman believe the healthcare bubble is going to burst? Explain whether you agree or disagree with his views.
Kaufman believes that the healthcare bubble is going to burst because the implementation of ACA has resulted in uncertainty than its intended primary purpose to reduce discrepancy as it is replicated in its original model projections. Kaufman believes that both the state-funded and federal funded healthcare plans will compel the providers to condense the cost of care for each person. While there will be reductions in fee schedules in the short run, there will be government financed healthcare shift from the free for service compensation approach to the shoved or population-based expenditures in the long term (Kaufman, 2011). I agree with Kaufman's views since there have been reductions in fee schedules which have reflected in Medicaid programs for some states. Furthermore, the government instigates or prompts changes in the payment approaches. Therefore, Kaufman's beliefs is a brutal fact.
Discuss what he means by “Physician autonomy and the organized medical staff will become less relevant.” Do you believe this will improve patient care?
The usual or typical method used in hospitals encompassed the medical staff having the duty to monitor and uphold high-quality care in the hospitals. Despite the financial risks borne in hospitals for the cost of care ordered by the physicians, the value-based purchasing (VBP) program, a Medicare inpatient services program, put the medical facilities' revenues at jeopardy reliant on the clinical and communication skills of the physicians. Some healthcare organizations such as Virginia Mason and ThedaCare have shown that regiment
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to health care:
- System Analysis And Foundation ConceptsDescription: In this essay, my selected organization is the North American Health Care Incl. A healthcare facility in the United States of America that is credited with the provision of exceptional health care services to its clients....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- M8D Research Assignment 1: Cancer Survivorship CareDescription: Identify 2 interventions the nurse will include on the survivorship plan of care that will address health promotion and management of comorbid conditions. Provide a rationale for each intervention....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |
- The Role of the Advanced Nurse Practice in a Changing Health Care EnvironmentDescription: Analyze the role of the advanced practice nurse in the changing health care environment. How will this role augment physicians' practice? What implications will the Affordable Care Act have on this new delivery system?...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |