Social Responsibility (wk 8) Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Select ONLY ONE question listed below to write an essay for this week's discussion.
1. Darr describes social responsibility in three different contexts. Describe some of the challenges associated with one of them.
2. What are social responsibilities of hospitals of health service organizations? Explain how each are addressed.
Reference: Darr, K. (2011). Ethics in Health Services Management. (5th Edition). Baltimore, MD: Health Professions Press, Inc.
Course Number and Name
Darr describes three different contexts of social responsibility. The first is for an organization’s role in to promoting and enhancing its assets while maximizing community benefits. The second is the moral duty to offer services to patients based on their health care needs only. Third, is the organization’s responsibility to serve and protect both private and public resources (Darr, 2011).
When it comes to the obligation to offer services to patients based on their health needs, some challenges can be noted. One of the challenges is the bureaucratic nature of healthcare systems or organizations (Darr, 2011). If
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Ethics Essays
- Globalization Essays
- Kite runner Essays
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- Terrorism Essays
- Autism Essays
- Edgar allan poe Essays
- Mahatma gandhi Essays
- Progressive era Essays
- Overpopulation Essays
- Professionalism Essays
- Hurricane katrina Essays
- Microallocation (wk7) Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Medical treatment and services allocation are classified into two categories of decision making: micro-allocation and macro-allocation. Micro-allocation centers on treatment determinations concerning specific individuals (Barnard Health Care, 2019). Micro allocation focuses on deciding...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Legal and Ethical Issues Surrounding Physician-Assisted SuicidesDescription: Physician-assisted suicide is the death of a patient facilitated by information or means provided by a practitioner aware of the patient’s intention. In physician-assisted suicides, doctors prescribe lethal drugs to patients....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Corporate Culture and Manager AccountabilityDescription: In what way(s), should a manger be held accountable for both his/her private and public actions?...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |