Evidence-Based Practice Proposal - Section C: Literature Support (Essay Sample)
Evidence-Based Practice Proposal - Section C: Literature Support
To begin, work through the reference list that was created in the "Section B: Problem Description" assignment in Topic 2. Appraise each resource using the "Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklists," available in the textbook appendix. The specific checklist you use will be determined by the type of evidence within the resource.
Develop a research table to organize and summarize the research studies. Using a summary table allows you to be more concise in your narrative description. Only research studies used to support your intervention are summarized in this table. Refer to the "Evaluation Table Template," available in the textbook appendix. Use the "Evaluation Table Template" as an adaptable template.
Write a narrative of 750-1,000 words (not including the title page and references) that presents the research support for the projects problem and proposed solution. Make sure to do the following:
1. Include a description of the search method (e.g., databases, keywords, criteria for inclusion and exclusion, and number of studies that fit your criteria).
2. Summarize all of the research studies used as evidence. The essential components of each study need to be described so that readers can evaluate its scientific merit, including study strengths and limitations.
3. Incorporate a description of the validity of the internal and external research.
It is essential to make sure that the research support for the proposed solution is sufficient, compelling, relevant, and from peer-reviewed professional journal articles.
Although you will not be submitting the checklist information or the evaluation table you design in Topic 3 with the narrative, the checklist information and evaluation table should be placed in the appendices for the final paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Upon receiving feedback from the instructor, refine "Section C: Literature Support" for your final submission. This will be a continuous process throughout the course for each section.
Your Institution of Affiliation
June 1, 2017
In finding the necessary supporting literature for this research, academic journal databases were accessed in order to find the information that was needed to support the research. Some of the databases that were visited include EBSCOhost, Jstor, and ProQuest which are all good repositories of scholarly information. In order to further narrow down the research, keywords and phrases such as CAUTIs, nurse management, nurse-driven protocols, strategies to reduce CAUTI infection, effects of efficient nurse-management, among others were used. With regards to the criteria that used to determine which should be included among the number of the articles, the author of this study picked resources which connects to the key themes from the proposed study which includes CAUTIs and Nurse management. Because of the lack of resources which ‘directly’ focuses on the PICOT question – “In patients hospitalized for at least 10 days, how does effective nurse management and leadership compared to ineffective nurse management and leadership affect the rate of CAUTI cases?” – the articles which were taken focuses instead on articles which tackle on those already stated above. One of the research studies that were used in this proposal is written by Alexaitis and Broome (2014), which is entitled “Implementation of a nurse-driven protocol to prevent catheter-associated urinary tract infections”. In this study, the authors started their research from the well-established knowledge that CAUTIs are caused by the prolonged usage of in-dwelling catheters for hospitalized patients and that most of the time the reduction method utilized by most healthcare facilities only include prevention from using in-dwelling catheters. However, this might not exactly be possible for there are some patients who cannot stand or sit in order to urinate. In relation to this, the researchers tried to the most efficient and viable strategy to reduce cases of CAUTIs. This is where the researchers found out that “criteria-based, nurse-driven protocol for discontinuation of indwelling catheters and use of bladder ultrasonography in conjunction with intermittent catheterizations was the foundation for change [reduction of CAUTI cases]” (Alexiatis & Broome, 2014). In relation to the proposed research, this article proves to be very useful for the fact that it gives an idea of how “nurse-driven protocols” could help in the reduction of CAUTI cases amongst hospitalized patients. However, the main weakness of...
- 3-2 Final Project Milestone One: Introduction, Business Requirements, and Competitors and Te. . .Description: Business analytics and Business Intelligence utilizes huge data analysis to improve the viability and efficiency of the business...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 4 Homework 6 Pt2: Hyperpalatable Food And DrugsDescription: Why do people develop a disorder called conditioned hypereating and how do people come to be trapped into eating hyperpalatable foods?...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 4 Homework Assignment 6 Pt1: Conditioned Hyper EatingDescription: To what extent does conditioned hyper eating affect you in your own personal lives? How does conditioned hyper eating affect you and your eating habits?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |