Critique of Research Studies Instructions Health, Medicine Essay (Essay Sample)
Complete a critique of the quantitative and qualitative articles that submitted in topic 3
Follow the instructions provided in "Critique of Research Studies Instructions."
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Rubric as follows;
Critique thoroughly addresses most guidelines and criteria for a quantitative research title and abstract. Critique is supported with relevant evidence.
Critique is detailed and addresses most guidelines and criteria for each of the quantitative research introduction components OR the critique is thorough but is missing a component. Critique is supported with relevant evidence.
Critique thoroughly addresses most guidelines and criteria for a qualitative research title and abstract. Critique is supported with relevant evidence.
Critique is detailed and addresses most guidelines and criteria for each of the qualitative research introduction components OR the critique is thorough but is missing a component. Critique is supported with relevant evidence base.
Prose is largely free of mechanical errors, although a few may be present. The writer uses a variety of sentence structures and effective figures of speech.
Template is fully used; There are virtually no errors in formatting style.
Reference page is present and fully inclusive of all cited sources. Documentation is appropriate and style is usually correct.
Utilize a central heading to indicate that what follows is the critique of the article
2. The side headings of the critique for each article should follow the heading in the text book Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice Textbook. Chapter 5.
Critique of Research Studies – Part 1: Due Topic 4
For Part 1 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Title • Title
• Abstract • Abstract
• Introduction • Introduction
o Statement of the problem o Statement of the problem
o Hypotheses or research questions o Research questions
o Literature review o Literature review
o Conceptual/Theoretical framework o Conceptual underpinnings
Critique of Research Studies – Part 2: Due Topic 6
For Part 2 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Method • Method
o Protection of human rights o Protection of participants’ rights
o Research design o Research design and research tradition
o Population and sample o Sample and setting
o Data collection and measurement o Data collection
o Procedures o Procedures
o Enhancement of trustworthiness
Critique of Research Studies - Part 3: Due Topic 8
For Part 3 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Results • Results
o Data analysis o Data analysis
o Reliability and validity o Theoretical integrations
• Discussion • Discussion
o Interpretation of findings o Interpretation of the findings
Critique of Research Studies
Critique of Research Studies
Quantitative Research Critique: Part One
The title of the study by Pace, et al. (2012) is: Testing the reliability and efficiency of the pilot Mixed Methods Appraisal Tool (MMAT) for systematic mixed studies review. According to Moule, Aveyard, and Goodman (2017), a good title should be clear, informative and should indicate the type of approach used in the study. This title indicates the approach, which is a pilot study, and informs the reader what the study is all about in a clear manner.
The abstract of the study is effective because it gives a clear and brief overview of what the study entails. According to Moule, Aveyard, and Goodman (2017), a useful abstract should indicate in summary, the problem, method, results, and conclusion of the study. The abstract of the study by Pace et al. (2012) indicates the background, objectives, methods, results, and the results of the study.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Spinal Meningitis Conclusion Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Spinal meningitis, as discussed, is a viral or bacterial infection of a person’s spinal fluid. It also affects the fluid that or rounds a person’s brain. Much about the disease is well known, such as symptoms, mode of transmission and even its effects. The disease affects individuals of all ages...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Sex Addiction and women: A nursing issue Health, Medicine EssayDescription: Sex addiction is a habit that has been a byte for television jokes and even within the social circles among most peers. This is relative to the fact that, it has been largely presented as a different habit that can be socially acceptable among most peers. However, it is no longer a laughing matter...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Case study Moral status Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: All through life, people face challenges that require immediate or long-term solutions. In the case study “Fetal Abnormality,” Dr. Wilson, Jessica, Aunt Maria, and Marco are entangled in a situation where each has to make a decision using moral theories. Different individuals approach social issues...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |