Research Paper. QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH CRITIQUE. Health, Medicine, Nursing (Essay Sample)
• (A) Complete the two critiques using the appropriate templates.
• ( B) Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
Complete part A please USING THE TEMPLATES
QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH CRITIQUE
1. Research Problem and Purpose
What are the problem and purpose of the referenced study? (Sometimes ONLY the purpose is stated clearly and the problem must be inferred from the introductory discussion of the purpose.)
• The main research question of this study is about the effects of using antibacterial prophylaxis prior cardiac surgeries, and how this technique affects the risks of surgical site infection (SSIs), which is a common type of nosocomial infection.
2. Hypotheses and Research Questions
What are the hypotheses (or research questions/objectives) of the study? (Sometimes the hypotheses or study questions are listed in the Results section, rather than preceding the report of the methodology used. Occasionally, there will be no mention of hypotheses, but anytime there are inferential statistics used, the reader can recognize what the hypotheses are from looking at the results of statistical analysis.)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Risk Management in Healthcare. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Risk management in healthcare is a concept that was introduced decades ago. Singh and Ghatala (2012) note that it was introduced “following court decisions which established the corporate liability of the hospital for the quality of care and holding medical staff liable for quality of care...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Action Plan. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: Communication can be defined as the exchange of information, thoughts or ideas from one individual to another. When it comes to talking about the importance of communication within a healthcare setting, it can be said that different modes or channels of communication allow patients ...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Conflict Resolution Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Sometimes, conflict may arise in the healthcare setting, especially between the nurses and physicians. The conflict may result in a situation where the troublesome person is avoided which may result in the patient getting hurt. The patient may miss the opportunity to receive better treatment ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |