Prenatal Clinic Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
i am African american and i want to do my project on the Arabic culture
Midterm Project▼ Hide Assignment Information
Create an educational nutrition based pamphlet or flyer for a prenatal clinic that serves a culture/ethnicity different than your own. The pamphlet should focus on nutrient requirements, beliefs/practices related to nutrition during pregnancy. Follow the Rubric for Full credit. Be sure to have an APA style reference page and to cite your references within the text of the pamphlet/flyer.Upload your pamphlet. You will present your pamphlet in class.
Lactation and pregnancy are deemed to be vulnerable periods for mothers as well as the child.
Maternal nutrition minimizes the possible adverse effects involved in this period.
Knowledge and information are necessary for an individual to make healthy diet choices.
However, the context of food choices differs across cultures.
Foods in Arab culture have a high-energy-density diet, mixed with fats and sugars.
INCLUDEPICTURE "https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/muslim-arabic-pregnant-woman-23286764.jpg" \* MERGEFORMATINET
Education Nutrition in Arab Culture
INCLUDEPICTURE "https://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.6428881.1535460143!/image/606021147.jpg_gen/derivatives/fullscreen_1104xAuto/606021147.jpg" \* MERGEFORMATINET
Foods Rich in Fiber
Pregnant women need to increase their intake of fiber-rich foods.
Fiber foods help the body maintain few calories and manage the pregnancy weight.
Such foods include vegetables and fruits.
85% of pregnant women in Arab countries consume foods and vegetables less than four times a day (Musaiger, Takruri, Hassan, & Abu-Tarboush, 2012).
This puts both the mother and the baby at risk of being unhealthy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to teenage pregnancy:
- Care Plan Literature & Language Essay Research PaperDescription: A family nursing care plan refers to a guide that provides strategies for resolving family health-related issues. It is a holistic approach to ensuring every member is healthy by adopting effective lifestyle practices such as a balanced diet and proper nutrition, as well as knowing about pregnancy...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Apologetics Research Essay. What Should be a Christian Response to Abortion?Description: In the current world, religious organizations have raised concerns about whether women should carry out abortions. They tend to believe that abortion is a sin before God because it results in the killing of the unborn baby....7 pages/≈1925 words | MLA | Religion & Theology | Research Paper |
- 577-a-9. Pregnancy Case Study. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: For this task, read the following case studies below. Then, using the case information and best evidence, complete the chart below. Make sure to address all columns in the chart....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |