2 pages/≈550 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
Prenatal Care (Essay Sample)
please use recent articlessource..
For most of the low income mothers, getting a baby was always hectic, relative to the health care bills that would come with prenatal care up until the point of delivery. Prenatal care is crucial for the baby and the mother's health and it is at this stage that most of the health complications start, if the mother and child are not under quality care (Nym.org, 2015). In New York however, mothers from the low income segment, who are not covered medically, have the chance to get free medical care at the prenatal stage up to the point of delivery. The patients are eligible to get risk assessment, fetal and maternal monitoring, inpatient care, post-partum care, counseling on nutrition, drug and substance abuse, family planning, social abuse and AIDs preventive measures. The program is complete with an emergency segment that offers the mothers in New York, a 24-hours emergency and consultation for the entire period of the pregnancy including transportation assistance (Kesner, 2009). As such, it is a program that is quite efficient, considering that it offers one of the most crucial medical assistance and one that is subject to have effects on the overall population health now and in the future, with a focus on the low income families. Other than offering health care services, it also offers education to the women that enjoy the services under the program.
Program link: /community/pregnancy/health_care/prenatal/helpful_links.htm
According to Kesner (2009), this is a program that is aimed at assisting women that come from households where the annual income is less that the federal poverty level by more than 200% (Kesner, 2009). This means that the women have to pregnant and coming from families that make less than $29000 a year (Kesner, 2009). Prenatal care is quite expensive considering that it is estimate...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to teenage pregnancy:
- The Merchants of CoolDescription: The video traces out the historical development of fashion, and how it has evolved over the years among the teenage generation...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | Other | Social Sciences | Movie Review |
- Video Sex Inc.Description: Sophie Bissonnette's documentary is an analysis of the hypersexualization in our society which is surrounding our children....5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Ethical Considerations of ResearchDescription: Ethical principles in nursing act as the main base for which they consider when dealing with the patients and their colleagues...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |