577-a-9. Pregnancy Case Study. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
For this task, read the following case studies below. Then, using the case information and best evidence, complete the chart below. Make sure to address all columns in the chart. Case #1: Jane Jane is a 42-year-old G4P2103. Jane is divorced and works long, hard hours as a real estate agent. Jane was having irregular and heavy menses for 6 months, and then they abruptly stopped 3 months ago. Jane has been having nausea and vomiting for 6 weeks but attributed it to having the flu recently. She also admits to gaining about 10 pounds in the last few months and experiencing breast tenderness. Jane comes to the clinic today to discuss menopause symptoms and treatment. During the visit, a urine pregnancy test came back positive. During the exam, you palpate a 16-week-size uterus and get fetal heart tones of 165. Jane is in disbelief.
Complete the following chart:
Description of the case chosen:
Subjective data, identify both given and needed data Objective findings, identify both given and needed data Diagnostic or laboratory testing needed with rationales List of three differential diagnoses with rationales Medications and or treatments needed with rationales Patient education needed Referrals for collaborative care needed with rationales
Required 4 pages. APA format 6th edition, 4-5 references within 5 years and in US Only.
• Make sure to address all sections. Do not leave any section blank.
• Include relevant subjective and physical objective findings.
• Identify appropriate diagnostic and laboratory testing needed.
• List at least three differential diagnoses with rationales for choosing.
• Identify usual medications, treatments, or patient education needed.
• Determine referrals for collaborative care.
• Summarize the case study and include any further research, diagnostics, procedures, or follow-up needed.
• Provide evidence-based references.
Pregnancy Case Study
Case Selection Case #1: Jane
Subjective and Objective data Thoroughly outlined all subjective questions that would need to be asked. Thoroughly outlined all objective data and exams to be gathered.
Diagnostic and laboratory needs with rationales Provided a thorough list of labs and diagnostic tests to be performed with rationale.
List of 3 Differential diagnoses Listed three pertinent differential diagnoses with rationales.
Medications or treatment orders with rationales Thoroughly listed pertinent medications or treatments needed with rationales.
Patient education and Referrals for collaborative care and follow up Provided a thorough review of patient education needed and referrals for collaborative care and follow up.
Case Summary Thoroughly outlined case study in a summary discussing diagnostics, research, or follow up needed.
References/ APA Provided evidence-based references and correct APA and grammar.
Subject and Section
February 08, 2020
Pregnancy Case Study
Case #1: Jane
Subjective and Objective data
* The patient is having nausea for 6 weeks
* Nauseated patient
* Breast tenderness
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to teenage pregnancy:
- Disscussion: "The Role of Gender in Judicial Proceedings"Description: Research on child development and development of delinquent conduct shows that individual and society conditions influence behavior (Zehr, 2019). Various individual factors and features have been linked with the development of juvenile delinquency. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Law | Essay |
- Teenage Driver Auto Accident Rates Social Sciences Research PaperDescription: There is a steady increase in the rate of motor vehicle accidents. The rate of adolescents being involved in road accidents that involve car crashes has been a common risk to the youth in the United States since the late 19th century. This comes as the price of early licensing that allows teenagers...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- English 1010. Scott Cerreta. Arguments for and Against AbortionDescription: Abortion is among the most contentious issues in modern life. Abortion is the deliberate ending of a pregnancy by killing the fetus before ordinary childbirth....5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |