Personal Statement, Parenting Background, Years Of College (Essay Sample)
Some personal stories:
1. Oldest of five raised by single widowed mom
2. struggled first two years of college changed majors twice to nursing then business and back to biology and gave myself a reality check and focused more and saw better results.
3. Found out I wanted to go into pharmacy after taking chemistry my third year in college. Cousin is a pharmacist and told me more about the career (can you please expand on pharmacy as a career and how it helps patients)
4. Always interested in how distinct pharmacy was from other health professions.
5. In high school I was apart of doctors academy avid course which helped explore different fields in health profession.
6. Always interested in science since high school.
7. Some goals I want to set for myself is to put my family in a better living situation. have my younger sibling look up to me and do better. professional goals: continue learning, invest in my own small businesses on the side.
8. I have volunteered for the local hospital (st.agnes hospital) from hs to freshman year of college.
9. I have a very supportive mom and grandparents as well as older educated extended family(cousins) that can help guide me to goals i want to achieve.
Instructions:Your Personal Essay should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals. The personal essay is an important part of your application for admission and provides you with an opportunity for you to clearly and effectively express your ideas.
Do NOT personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree institution. You can NOT make any edits to your Personal Essay after you have e-submitted your completed application to PharmCAS.
You are encouraged to compose your essay in a text-only word processor (e.g., Notepad), review your essay for errors, then cut and paste the final version into the text box above. Click the Save button and then return to the Personal Essay to review the formatting of your text. You are limited to approximately 1 page (4500 characters, including spaces). Some formatting characters used in programs like Word (angled quotes, accents, special characters) will not display properly. Take care to review your final text and to make the necessary corrections to the format.
I am the oldest in our family, having been raised by a single, widowed mother. Given my parenting background, I have had to surmount innumerable challenges in pursuit of academic excellence. This struggle culminated in changing my major more than twice, first from biology to nursing, nursing to business and then back to biology. After a reality check, I settled for biology thus marking an end to my career dilemma. Majoring in biology finally enabled me to develop a passion for pharmacy, particularly after studying chemistry in my third year. My greatest motivation to pursue pharmacy came from my cousin who by then was already a professional pharmacist. I gained a lot of knowledge and information about pharmacy from him. Besides, I have always had interest in exploring the distinction between pharmacy and other health professions. In addition, I view the study of medicine and its interaction with the human body as fascinating. My passion to pursue a career in pharmacy received a boost when I joined the doctor's academy, an avid course that explored diverse fields in health. Moreover, I have always had a passion for the sciences since high school.
Pharmacy is indeed a captivating and dynamic field. What fascinates me the most about this profession is the innumerable career advancement opportunities that it offers. In particular, the Doctor of Pharmacy degree is a versatile degree program that offers immeasurable and exciting opportunities. My other motivation
- Wrongful Death by Howard Carpenter on Behalf of Wilma Carpenter, DeceasedDescription: The patient had an epidural catheter for a post-operative pain management following an episode of hypotension in the recovery room which was treated with Ephedrine....2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Medical Records, Patient Consent, And Information Management: Legal Aspect Of HealthcareDescription: As your fourth assignment toward completion of the Session Long Project, you will need to discuss the fragile balance between the need for public health agencies to acquire data and the demand for security of sensitive information. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Diet Analysis And Report, BA In Sports And Exercise Science Description: Phil is 55 year old and has started training 3 times per week with a mix of cardio and weights and running. He is 176 cm in height and currently weighs 78.2 kg, has a body fat of 29% (22.7kg) and a lean mass of 71% (55.5 kg). ...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |