Pediatric Teaching Plan. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay. (Essay Sample)
Topic for Teaching Plan: 15-year-old with Hemophilia (teaching plan must be appropriate for patient's age)
1. Purpose: To document and evaluate teaching skills necessary to provide teaching to an individual client with a demonstrated need. With the completion of this assignment the student will be able to achieve the following objectives.
a. Demonstrate ability to thoroughly assess the learning styles of an individual or family using given developmental or cultural models.
b. Demonstrate ability to anticipate learning needs based on developmental or cultural assessments.
c. Identify and utilize teaching/learning principles to facilitate achievement of learning goals and outcomes.
d. Select and prioritize learning strategies based on the developmental or cultural assessment to achieve learning goals and outcomes.
e. Support rationales for teaching plan using teaching and learning theories from required readings with references.
2. Nursing Competencies:
a. Assessing and identifying developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client.
b. Providing evidence-based health information and teaching based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family
c. Integrating teaching/learning activities into client interactions based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family.
d. Incorporating health promotion and teaching into the plan of care based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a family or client.
a. Develop nursing diagnosis (NANDA)
b. Develop two (2) learning objectives
c. State methodology (teaching methods)
d. Provide and utilize teaching aids
e. State needed resources
4. Implementation: Outline (step by step)
5. Evaluation: Evaluate your project describing the effectiveness of teaching methods and aids, learner’s response, ability to meet objectives, and self-evaluation including what the student learned and what the student would do differently in the future. A copy of the entire teaching plan with the evaluation of patient learning is to be submitted to your clinical instructor during the teaching presentation. This write-up should be 2-3 pages.Topic for Teaching Plan: 15-year-old with Hemophilia
Teaching Plan for 15-year-old with Hemophilia
Institution of Affiliation
Duke is a 15-year-old boy who lives with his mother in Dallas, Texas. Her mother is aware of his son's hemophilic condition and has always kept it to herself. Duke knows so little about his condition, and whenever he asks about the infusions he receives, her mother always tells him it's in his best interest. Although he has an idea that he is hemophilic, he does not really comprehend what the disease is about and how it should be dealt with. As a teenager who will soon be out of her mother's care, he needs to be educated on the basics of his health condition and how well to manage it.
1 To help Duke understand why he often experiences bleeding on his joints
2 To equip Duke with relevant knowledge and skills in handling his condition
1 Oral presentations
2 Practical training
1 Using podcasts
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research AnalysisDescription: The article seeks to find why the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increase in suicidality. The authors of the article concluded that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increase in suicide because of the preventive measures that the public has to observe to curb the disease's spread....7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 3: Strategies to Promote. . .Description: I have analyzed the relationship between academic integrity and writing, as well as the relationship between professional practices and scholarly ethics. I have also identified strategies I intend to pursue to maintain integrity and ethics of my academic work while a student of the MSN program...7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Changes in Adolescence Period of Life Span (Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay)Description: Human life is made up of several stages that mark their development. The stages span from conception to the period that one can stay before death. While some people may die earlier than others, life span is concerned with the usual stages an individual goes through before death....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |