Nursing Shortage: Prevalence Of The Chronic Diseases (Essay Sample)
Capstone Project Topic Selection and Approval
In collaboration with your approved course mentor, you will identify a specific evidence-based practice proposal topic for the capstone project. Consider the clinical environment in which you are currently working or have recently worked. The capstone project topic can be a clinical practice problem, an organizational issue, a quality improvement suggestion, a leadership initiative, or an educational need appropriate to your area of interest as well as your practice immersion (practicum) setting. Examples of the integration of community health, leadership, and an EBP can be found on the "Educational and Community-Based Programs" page of the Healthy People 2020 website.
Write a 500-750 word description of your proposed capstone project topic. Make sure to include the following:
1. The problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need that will be the focus of the project
2. The setting or context in which the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need can be observed.
3. A description providing a high level of detail regarding the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need.
4. Impact of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need on the work environment, the quality of care provided by staff, and patient outcomes.
5. Significance of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need and its implications to nursing.
6. A proposed solution to the identified project topic
You are required to retrieve and assess a minimum of 8 peer-reviewed articles. Plan your time accordingly to complete this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. PREFER TO CHOOSE CLINICAL PRACTICE PROBLEM IN HEALTH CARE FACILITY
The United States has been facing a nursing shortage of varying degrees, but currently – because of the rising prevalence of chronic disease, a nursing workforce that is advancing in age, an aging population, and the finite capacity of nursing schools – this deficit is on the cusps of becoming a calamity, one with worrying repercussions for health care providers and patients alike (Grant, 2016).
One of the issues that affect healthcare institutions is nurse staffing problems and in distinguishing the problem, attempts are made to enhance the quality of healthcare. Various features affecting nursing exist including nurse retention, shortage of qualified nurses, and nurse education. Nurses desire working environments in which their contributions are valued and rewarded, and the nursing deficit is still an incessant issue while retention and lowering the turnover rates is a priority to mitigate nurse staffing problems.
The Setting or Context
The nursing deficit can be witnessed in the hospital setting when nursing hospitalized patients. It is simpler to utilize quality indicators to evaluate how staffing impacts patient safety, clinical outcomes, and quality of care. On that premise, when patients are in hospital for a few hours or discharged within a few days, this yields limited information on the effect of nurse staffing levels.
Description of Problem
A persistent deficit of nursing staff across the nation challenges the values and beliefs of this profession. Nurses struggle with performing their ethical obligations to their patients because of the insufficiency in staffing. Due to this insufficiency, many nurses assert that they experience job dissatisfaction and emotional distress and ultimately fail to provide their patients with quality care. Such nurses face ethical dilemmas in which they must choose between caring for their patients’ needs or their own
- Spirituality In Healthcare: Christian Narrative, WolterstorffDescription: The author of this literature develops a thesis on his son who died in a mountain climbing experience...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Cross-Cultural Health PerspectivesDescription: What are some suggestions that you have based upon this article and your own research? - Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Homework 7 Pt2: Keeping A Food Journal Helped YouDescription: To what extent have you been surprised by any of your own thoughts and/or behaviors that are related to your food journal entries?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |