Nursing School Clinical (Med-Sug Unit).Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Nursing School Clinical (Med-Sug Unit)
Six Questions to Format Journal Entries
1. Briefly describe one event/situation that stands out to you from your nursing school clinical that was meaningful to you and will impact your practice in the future.
2. What guided your actions in this situation? Consider patient cues, your thoughts/ feelings/ adequacy of knowledge and skills to respond to this situation.
3. Were your actions the best or most appropriate? Why or why not?
4. What other options or resources were open/ available to you?
5. What did you learn from this situation/ what would you do if this situation arose again?
6. Week 1: Based on your overall clinical experience for this course, what are the areas you need to focus on for your next clinical intensive?
1. Briefly describe one event/situation that stands out to you from your nursing school was meaningful to you and will impact your practice in the future.
My first clinical experience was at a private hospital, and I was asked to reach there at sharp 6:00 a.m. For me, time-management has always been a challenging task. I was supposed to reach the hospital on-time. So, I woke up at 5:00 a.m., finished my breakfast and rushed to the hospital. Luckily, I entered its premises by 5:50 a.m., ten minutes prior to the exact time. I was then forwarded to the emergency department where a lot of patients were waiting for their medications, and I was the only nurse who could provide them with their medicines in this small-sized hospital.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to high school:
- The relationship between income and race. Statistics ProjectDescription: State the relationship between that you are investigating - this is your research question. Dependent Variable: Income (b) Independent Variable: Race....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- Professional Roles and Values (Evidence-Based Practice)Description: Evidence-based practice has allowed me to make the right decisions regarding how to provide best healthcare facilities to the patients, use the available resources wisely, and promote health at the state level....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Professional Roles and Values (Quality and Safety)Description: In any healthcare center, patient safety and quality go side-by-side. It is the responsibility of nurses to provide patients with utmost care, attention, and timely treatment....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |