Nursing School Clinical (Med-Sug Unit) 02. Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Nursing School Clinical (Med-Sug Unit)
Six Questions to Format Journal Entries
1. Briefly describe one event/situation that stands out to you from your nursing school clinical that was meaningful to you and will impact your practice in the future.
2. What guided your actions in this situation? Consider patient cues, your thoughts/ feelings/ adequacy of knowledge and skills to respond to this situation.
3. Were your actions the best or most appropriate? Why or why not?
4. What other options or resources were open/ available to you?
5. What did you learn from this situation/ what would you do if this situation arose again?
6. Based on your overall clinical experience for this course, what are the areas you need to focus on for your next clinical intensive?
Nursing School Clinical
My first and unforgettable clinical experience was in an intensive care unit where I was doing a 6-month, unpaid internship that aimed to polish my skills and prepare me for a successful career. On my first day, I was to reach the hospital at 8:00 a.m. sharp. I used to sleep late at night, and it was too tough for me to reach by that time. Still, I managed to wake up early, did yoga, took a bath, finished my breakfast and rushed to the hospital. Luckily, I reached there by 7:40 a.m., twenty minutes before the exact time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- 553-u6-a. Communication plan for prescriptive and nonprescriptive drug therapiesDescription: An effective physician-patient communication is important as it builds trust and helps in sharing responsibilities for patient care. Communication between health care providers and patients not only increase patients' levels of satisfaction, but also decrease the rates of drug resistance....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Nursing School Clinical (Med-Sug Unit).Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: My first clinical experience was at a private hospital, and I was asked to reach there at sharp 6:00 a.m. For me, time-management has always been a challenging task....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Cost Versus Quality of Healthcare in the United StatesDescription: The cost of health care in the U.S. is generally high. Though the rate of spending on health care has attenuated recently, the per capita expenditure on health care in the U.S. is still 50-200 times more than in any other country in the developed world (Burke & Ryan, 2014)....1 page/≈550 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |