Nursing Practice and Palliative Care (Essay Sample)
Using examples from your readings, explain the risks associated with the nursing role in palliative care. At what point does a patient need palliative care? What are some appropriate and inappropriate practices during palliative care? Answer the follwing:
1-What is the BSN nurse’s role in palliative care and how does that role differ from the role of the AND or diploma-prepared nurse?
2-What ethical concerns might a nurse face when a patient chooses palliative care over treatment?
*****Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
Nursing Practice and Palliative Care
Palliative care is a specialized care system focused on those with serious ailments. It is meant to improve the quality of life of the affected individual and family alike. Palliative care is dispatched by special personnel who work hand in hand with the patient’s doctor to take care of the affected patient. It can be carried out at any age irrespective of the stage of the ailment(s) and can be done alongside curative therapies. The nurses involved in the palliative care are exposed to wide range of risks; the major one being the risk of contraction of the ailment in the case of an infective chronic disease like the Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease. Palliative care focusses on the symptoms of the disease and serves to prepare the patient for medication. Appropriate practices during palliative care include the use of sedation to reduce the pain experienced, for example, cancer patients require incessant deep ...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Aging and Long Term Care Description: At what point does Medicaid become the payer for long-term care services? What are the advantages and disadvantages of private sector options?...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Health Care Delivery Systems Essay Description: Fee-for-service (FFS) is one type of health care delivery system while Managed care system like HMO (health maintenance organizations) is also another type...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Medicaid and Medicare Policy Description: As the United States becomes older and more ethnically diverse, there are implications on the healthcare sector, particularly on the health policy regulations and healthcare delivery...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |