Background Of Area Of Concern Or Issue Assess Economic (Essay Sample)
Assignment 3: Policy Analysis Scholarly Paper (25 points)
In this assignment, students will examine the selected bill from Assignment 2, and critically analyze, and evaluate the context in which the area of concern or issue relates to the policymaking process.
The BILL CHOSEN IS: THE NATIONAL NURSE ACT OF 2017
Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. State the selected bill including the bill number and title.
2. Identity the area of concern or issue clarifying the underlying and related concerns.
3. Describe the background of the area of concern or issue - assess economic, legal, and regulatory processes that prompted the writing of the bill
4. Identify all direct and/or indirect stakeholders and stakeholder position on the area of concern.
5. Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the bill.
6. Evaluate how issues in the bill will affect stakeholders at an institutional, local, state, and/or federal level.
7. Using the Essentials of Master’s Education, propose two ways the master’s prepared nurse leader can act as a change agent, contribute to the policy-making process, and advocate for quality, cost-effective care.
8. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 5 to 6 pages excluding the title and reference page.
9. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
10. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
11. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
12. Include a minimum of five (5) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich’s Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old. Instructor can revise these guidelines to include websites.
13. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
14. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the Originality Report, and make any needed changes.
15. Submit to the Assignment Drop Box by the posted due date.
National Nurse Act of 2017
National Nurse Act of 2017
The National Nurse Act 2017, referred to as H.R.1651, is an amendment of the Public Health Service Act, which authorizes the Department of Health and Human Service to entitle the Chief Nurse Officer of Public Health Services as the National Nurse for Public Health. The Congress designates the position of the Chief Nurse Officer so as to enhance and elevate the position and duties that nurses enroll in to help protect and promote the country’s health (Congress. gov, 2019). The position is accompanied by an increase in responsibilities since the National Nurse for Public Health will take part in; offering guidance and leadership for practices that are aimed towards increasing public safety, carrying out research and educational activities, and providing guidance and support for public health service nursing professional affairs for the Surgeon General on prevention.
Area of Concern
The main area of concern...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Choose one Hospital Acquired Conditions (HACs) Description: Discuss how the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Non-Payment Policy affects health outcomes and quality, cost-effective care...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Financial Impacts on Health Laws And Policies. Health, Medicine EssayDescription: The health laws and policies may create a great impact on the financial obligations of a state or country. Health laws and policies that are set in any government within the healthy ministries have great financial impacts. According to (Pocock & Phua, 2011)....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- BPH Discussion Public Health Spending. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The biggest advantage of public health spending is that it results in a reduction in the cost of medical expenses. Public health spending involves the act of preventing the occurrence of disease, prolonging life through various informed choices made by society. It also aims at reducing threats facing people...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |