Medical administrative assisting. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
As a Medical Administrative Assistant you are the face of the organization. When patients/clients arrive they speak to you first. How you respond to them sets the tone for their feelings about the entire organization.
Relate the importance of interpersonal skills when interacting with patients.
Include the following aspects in the discussion:
• Express the top three skills you feel are needed to be successful in a multi role position.
• Discuss with peers if you agree or disagree with the top three skills they listed.
• Share a time you did not have a good experience with a health care worker.
• Reflect on how, with what you have learned, you will act once roles are reversed.
Medical Administrative Assisting
Course Number and Name
Medical Administrative Assisting
Good communication is an important skill when in a multi role position. Good communication allows one to exchange messages clearly, listen to others, and accurately present ideas. In a medical assistant role, one needs good communication to articulate instructions to patients, other staff, and medical professionals (Learn.org, 2020). Flexibility is another skill required in a multi role position. Given that unexpected issues crop up in health care, one needs to adjust quickly. Also, the wide range of responsibilities such as greeting patients, directing them, answering calls, emails, and paperwork requires an individual who is flexible. Finally, teamwork is an important skill (Learn.org, 2020). Since one is
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- ICD-10-CM Coding Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: The ICD code I11 represents hypertension and specifically, I11.9 is the code for “hypertensive heart disease without heart failure” this is a disease of the circulatory system (Hughes, 2015).The required characters . Diagnosis based on the ICD-10-CM code has 3 to 7 characters and all the characters...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Ethics and Assessment Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: According to de Castro et al. (2019), vitamin B12, albumin, and vitamin D could help to assess the nutritional status of a patient with Crohn's disease. The patient might experience diarrhea, fever, abdominal, and anemia. Jensen et al. (2017) posit that capsule endoscopy, computer tomography...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Disaster Planning for the Public Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: According to the Dallas County Hazard Mitigation Action Plan (2015), one of the most probable natural hazards that have the potential to create massive casualties and damage to public property is flooding. Unlike other high occurrence natural disasters, such as Tornadoes, the Dallas County...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |